Best general purpose purpose....

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rave, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

......plinking,hunting,target, .22 auto pistol?
    My thoughts are Ruger and Hi-standard.I am going to buy one soon and would like your opinion. It would be carried in a holster and in glove box. thanks.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Rave ole buddy, you got two excellent choices there!!! also Browning makes a pretty nifty .22 too.:nod:

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I vote for the Browning Buckmark, for general purpose. Fairly accurate, easier to strip/reassemble than a Ruger. If I were to go for optimal accuracy, then Ruger gets the nod.

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I have a Ruger that my Grandfather gave me. Says it was made in the "200th year of American Liberty" on the side of it. Guess it's kind of special. I haven't shot it in a while though....

5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

6. Rave,

I've had a Browning Buck Mark II for over ten years and have shot it countless numbers of times.

The only problem was that I had to change the extractor and spring to the tune of about $5 and easily did it myself.

If I have one draw back on it it has a slight hair trigger and the safety lever leaves something to desire.

Other than that it's been a great little plinker.

7. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I want to thank all of you for you comments and would appreciate any more with reasons why.I kind of like the easy take down of the push-button hi-standard and the ability to swap barrels for different occassions.
    I welcome any more suggestions,thanks.:D