Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Looking around for an Enfield, as I finally got my C&R the other day.

I'm not finding a whole lot on the surplus sites. AIM has enfields in .308 for 170 but should I get that? Or would .303 be better?

Any help would be great, Thanks in advance!!

Russ

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
i got one from big-5 i dont know if you have that chain in CA.

try impactguns

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have big 5's but I don't think they carry those anymore. I'll try impactguns. I also found that Century has quite a selection, but I can't get the prices just yet. Mailed my C&R to them a few days ago.

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
arent C&R'S the coooolest!

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but whats a C&R guys?
C&R stands for curio and relic. Here in the states, you can pay $30.00 for a three year C&R license, and order guns classified as C&R weapons through mail order, shipped direct to your door. These are usually classified as guns being over 50 yrs old but the exact classification lies with the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms).

·
Registered
234 Posts
I dont know which is better but I am considering getting one also but in .303 since the ammo is much less exspensive. surplus 308 is getting harder to find and price is going up.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I dont know which is better but I am considering getting one also but in .303 since the ammo is much less exspensive. surplus 308 is getting harder to find and price is going up.
Tex, I ain't trying to be a smart azz, but if you know where there there is some .303 British that is less expensive than surplus .308 (I assume you're talking about 7.62 NATO), I'd sure like to know about it. Everywhere I've looked, .303 British, of any quality, has been pretty spendy. If I didn't reload for mine, I'd have to just hang it up on the wall and look at it. Sure wouldn't be able to afford to shoot it much. Even with reloading my own, it's still pretty spendy. Maybe I'm just too much of a cheeep charlie. But to throw my 2 cents in, I'd stay with the .303 British instead of 7.62 NATO...Reason is just personal preference. As far as I know, the 7.62 was made in India and from all accounts, is supposed to be a good rifle. But like I said, I'm a .303 man. It seems "more Enfield" to me. But, that's me...You do what you feel is good for you, of course. JB

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I get my No 4s through J&G Sales in Prescot, AZ. around 125.00 with C&R. They're listed in Shotgun News.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The last 303 ammo I found was from WWII so I reload. I believe 308 would be cheaper but you are limited to the variants you can get (1 w/308).

·
Registered
480 Posts
We have big 5's but I don't think they carry those anymore. I'll try impactguns. I also found that Century has quite a selection, but I can't get the prices just yet. Mailed my C&R to them a few days ago.
I don't know about everyone else, but I had to call Century to get an online ID and password.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know about everyone else, but I had to call Century to get an online ID and password.
It's looking that way for me. I mailed it to them and tried to log in through their system and it hasn't quite worked so far. I'll give them a call when I get a chance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
.22Guy, I would highly recommend Century International Arms Inc. .At J&G I recently purchased an Enfield No.4 Mk1 supposingly HAND SELECTED for an extra few bucks. It took me about 10hrs. to rebuild it. The cosmoline was old and dried out. Now the rifle is in really great shape. By the way,the importer for J&G (electro stenciled on the left of the reciever) IS "Century Arms." J&G has there own gradeing system in which I will never buy with my C&R again. Good Luck! I will sell you mine...its ready to go. And yes you will have to give Century Arms a call. Give it at least a couple of weeks after you mail them your C&R copy. They really good people. They will give you a "user name" and a "password." Again,good luck.

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
S.O.G. has them too.
ive bought a few guns from them.they treat me good.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I didn't know S.O.G. had them in. Last one I got they said they didn't expect to have anymore in, but thats been bookoo years. Anyone know where I can find some Mark IIIs. I'd like to build a Mark III sniper. mdj696

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
theve got #1mk.III's
#4mk.1's
savage mk.1's
and the 2A .308's

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
.22Guy, I would highly recommend Century International Arms Inc. .At J&G I recently purchased an Enfield No.4 Mk1 supposingly HAND SELECTED for an extra few bucks. It took me about 10hrs. to rebuild it. The cosmoline was old and dried out. Now the rifle is in really great shape. By the way,the importer for J&G (electro stenciled on the left of the reciever) IS "Century Arms." J&G has there own gradeing system in which I will never buy with my C&R again. Good Luck! I will sell you mine...its ready to go. And yes you will have to give Century Arms a call. Give it at least a couple of weeks after you mail them your C&R copy. They really good people. They will give you a "user name" and a "password." Again,good luck.
How much do you want for it?

·
Registered
249 Posts
.22guy,I sent you a private msg. concerning what you had asked me.:deal:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts