best value .22 semi-auto pistol ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by nonunion, Feb 27, 2008.

1. nonunion

nonunion G&G Newbie

Who makes a reasonably priced American made .22 semi-auto pistol that will accept most any LR ammo without jamming?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  2. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Ruger Mark series.

3. bigbuddy21

bigbuddy21 G&G Enthusiast

DITTO +1

4. musselvalley

musselvalley G&G Newbie

I bought a Beretta U22 Neos in December. Kind of an impact purchase, but I am extremely happy. Will fire cheap ammo as fast as you can pull the trigger, and no jamming. Only thing that I dislike, is that it comes with a factory rail and it was hard to find a holster to put it in. Away, I love it. I bought it new from my FFL and bought it well worth the money.

5. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Can't go wrong with the Ruger. Tried and true. Had one, loved it. I now own a S&W 22a and it is a sweet little gun. Very reliable and very accurate as well. About 100 cheaper than the Ruger.

6. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

i would only trust the rugers, every other resonably priced semiauto are crap from my exprience

7. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder G&G Newbie

You can't go wrong with a Ruger Mark series.

8. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

Ruger and Browning make great handguns.

I wouldn't count out the S&W 22A either: Product: Model 22A Pistol

I've never shot one, but I've heard great things about accuracy and reliability.

9. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Great advice from all. I have to say the Browning Buckmark Camper or the Ruger MK III. Both outstanding 22's! The Browning is easier to D&A.

10. jmichna

jmichna G&G Newbie

Browning Buck Mark would my top choice, followed closely by Ruger Mark series. Buck Marks strip down a bit easier for cleaning.

We've got a Buck Mark 4" Micro URX, and just purchased a Buck Mark 5.5" SS slab-side (3 day wait).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  11. LakerDad

LakerDad G&G Addict

I like my Ruger MKII target tapered heavy barrel.
    The Browning Buck Mark always shot great.
    The Colt and Smith were ones I should have checked out too.

12. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Ruger MK series

13. Sooner Shooter

Sooner Shooter G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

In the mid seventies I bought my first handgun, just out of college I found a new Mark 1 Ruger for $75 and short tapered barrel. It was so much fun to shoot and I believe it was the gun that set the record for most consecutive shots without a jamb. Could be wrong on that but like this forum is telling you Ruger Mark series is great. Sold it for some reason (probably that $6000 salary) but now I have a government Mark 2. Same thing- it's a blast to shoot. Here's some advice: If you don't want to pay what they're asking for a Mark 3 Ruger today you had better not shoot it because you'll fit it in your budget somehow. About a year ago I met a guy who's a good friend now and I told him that if you shoot this Mark 2 you'll have to have one. He does and I think it's the Mark 3 Stainless fluted barrel.

My brother in law has the Browning Buckmark and loves it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  14. UGLYGUNS

UGLYGUNS G&G Newbie

GET A BUCKMARK, Ruger's just seem a little hard to put back together. I get calls all the time to put them back together.

15. punkndisorderly

punkndisorderly G&G Newbie

I wouldn't say the Ruger is difficult to put back together once you've done it several times. The first time, unless you have someone to show you the tricks, will frustrate you to no end. Once you do it once, do it a few times back to back and you'll never have a problem.

I remember taking my newly purchased, used (no manual included) mark II back to the shop where I purchased it in a paper bag. I felt really stupid until the shopowner told me that I wasn't the first and wouldn't be the last. Took it home and did it myself a few times back to back and never had another problem.

16. commnorth

commnorth G&G Newbie

Majorly Pumped

I can't wait!!!! I ordered a MKIII Cocobolo Stainless Hunter today from M.C. Sports for $ 464.00 + 6% I'am so pumped; I can't wait till Friday.

17. 29er savoy

29er savoy G&G Addict

ruger 22/45 with bull barrel

18. Taurus Fan

Taurus Fan G&G Newbie

Ruger, absolutely. Get the 6" bull barrel, people will think you are the best marksman in the world, you can close your eyes and hit a fly a mile away, they're that easy to shoot.

19. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 G&G Newbie

If you like CZ's or their style then a CZ 75 Kadet. Very nice semi auto pistols.

20. Deep13

Deep13 G&G Evangelist

Those are cool. I bought one "used" from a dealer. The previous owner fired 100 shots and then decided he would rather have a SW 41. It is lighter than it looks because of the barrel flutes and actually seems less front-heavy than the shorter barrel model without flutes. It has HiViz sights with three different size beards in each red and green. It has a target crown an is all stainless. A real tack-driver too and less than half the price of a SW 41.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted