close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bi-pod

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AR-tim, Apr 5, 2002.

1. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    If I bought an Imbel M-444(which I think I am going to, finally got my choices narrowed down) from Dan's, could I put a STG-58 style bi-pod on it, or would I have to use an "aftermarket" one like a Harris? I really like the looks of FN-FALs with the correct "factory" style bi-pod on them. From what I understand, they rarely get rifles in that are "cut" for the bi-pods. Thanks...
    -TIm

:gangster:

2. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    You would have to contact Dan's and find out if he has any in stock with a bi-pod cut barrel. Most Imbel's didn't have bipod cut barrels. If the barrel is cut and it has the right handguards, a bipod is an easy addition. I know Dan has a limited number of kits with bipod cut barrels, but I don't know if IMI made any with bipod cut barrels.

later,
    AJ

3. There are bipod cut barrels out there. You could have the barrel on your M444 replaced with one, but then you are talking about investing more $$$ in the gun than it is worth, unless you can sell the take off barrel for what it costs you to get it swapped out.

If all you want is a bipod, and you don't care about authenticity, then you can adapt a Versa-pod (my personal favorite) or a Harris to the M444. If you end up with a M444, and authenticity is important, you can purchase a FAL QD bipod for about $80. I believe falparts.com carries them.