close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big Bore Bounty Hunter

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by pappa, May 13, 2002.

1. pappa

pappa G&G Regular

I would like to get a SA that I can fire heavy loads when really needed, but be able to use milder loads other times. I don't think anything else come close to the trigger on a good SA. The .44Magnum BH came to mind, as I assume the .44 Special works well in it also. I would like some information from those experienced with this particular firearm.
    How is the trigger pull? How is the accuracy with .44M, and w/ .44 Special? Also, does it have a half-cock notch for loading?
    And does it sound/feel like a Colt when you pull the hammer back?
    TIA

2. I have an EAA BOUNTY HUNTER II, 12 gauge double barrel. I am thinking of getting the 45-70 barrel inserts for it. Ithink this would make a great deer hunting rifle.

Has any one had any exprerience with this gun and the inserts?

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Pappa, how about the Ruger Blackhawk Convertible, in .45 Colt/.45ACP? It has separate cylinders for each caliber. It'll take the hot loads in .45 Colt that equal or better the .44 Magnum, and you can use the much cheaper .45 ACP for practice and plinking.
    I had one several years back, and really regret selling it. Ruger had discontinued it for a time, but it's back now.

:target: