Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Americans with state-issued concealed weapons permits would be allowed to carry guns wherever they travel in the country under a bill introduced Monday by 3rd District Rep. John Boozman, R-Rogers. The measure would eliminate a mishmash of concealed weapons regulations that vary from state to state, Boozman contends. All states would have to recognize concealed handgun permits from elsewhere.

More...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I must say that sounds like an excellent idea, hopefully it passes but with congress being mostly D i doubt it will.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,376 Posts
I've been trying to get my Congressman to introduce such a bill for two years, to no effect. Of course, the swine is a Democrat. Everyone should write their Congresscritter and urge him or her to get behind Boozman's bill. Remember the other side wins if you keep your silence!

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
I like the concept of reciprical agreements but am concerned about the Federal government getting involved. It would eventually lead to a "new" government department that would be in control of dictating training methods (which could turn into a relm of impossibility) not to mention who would get a CCP. I am for the states to get their acts together and make overwhelming reciprocal agreements without Federal government involvement.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I like the concept of reciprical agreements but am concerned about the Federal government getting involved. It would eventually lead to a "new" government department that would be in control of dictating training methods (which could turn into a relm of impossibility) not to mention who would get a CCP. I am for the states to get their acts together and make overwhelming reciprocal agreements without Federal government involvement.
I never thought of it like that. Your right!

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,657 Posts
I'd love for this to pass, so we can get "full faith and credit" by all states for our CHL. Sadly, I don't know if we'll get the votes in congress. Stay hopeful.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
We need to contact our elect NOW and tell them to vote yes !!!

edit: I'm proud that feller from Arkansas has the balls to do that. He rates a contribution next time he comes up for re-election !!!

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
I don't think that will go over well with certain states. I am curious on to how they would compromise open carry and concealed carry. Some states allow open carry, and some don't, they require you to conceal (which I don't get, carrying a gun is carrying a gun).

Plus, I have read about people having their CCW and still getting arrested for having their gun on them in public.

What about illegal guns? Some guns are illegal in some states.

I have to agree with oldjarhead on this one, this would only in the end create more government to regulate all this stuff, or allow the federal government to come in and poke their nose in stuff.

States already have the crappiest communications amongst them self. When I moved back from Denver, CO, I had about 5 speeding tickets that did not show up when I moved back to KC. So, they all magically disappeared off my driving record. Even in Kansas City, where two states share a freaking city, I have had bench warrants for unpaid parking tickets in KS, that never show up in MO (I got a ticket and totally forgot about it). I have very little faith in our states playing nice together, let alone actually all being on the same page.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,657 Posts
Here's an easy fix for any ambiguity:

"Any CHL shall be valid in any other state, district, or territory. Any CHL holder may carry firearms in any state, district, or territory consistent with the laws of that state." No extra oversight or regulation required. Just like if you have an Arkansas drivers license you can drive in Texas (even though some of the traffic laws or driving tests are different state by state). The law will favor carrying unrestricted on any permit.

Problem solved. And I'm not even a lawyer :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts