close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Birthday Presents

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dallas, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Hey Chris,

Hipowr has a good point I think maybe you owe all of us a nice birthday present now. I won't drain your bank account for you since you have so many gifts to buy. However, a shiny new box of .38 special would be nice. Please make sure you wrap it all up in pretty paper and put a big shiny bow on it.:D :D :D

Many thanks.

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Kind of like Rudy Juliani accepting money from Saudi Arabia?
    Ok, I admit, tounge in cheek. Don't bite my head off. I guess I was the only one who didn't think it was real funny.

3. Jerry, no you were not the only one.

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

In case anyone STILL does not get it, Chris wrote the messages so that anyone who is logged in will see THEIR name in the message and think it was directed at them. Everyone who responded, myself included, saw the birthday message directed at themselves.

5. Klaus, I see you were the only one to wait this one out. Chris sorry I jumped to conclusions. I realize now it was a script you threw out there and all of us were actors in this little drama. BRAVO. Do me a favor and don't do that again. I'm too old for this type of fun. Oh by the way where has Jessie been during this birthday bash???

Last edited: Apr 28, 2002
  6. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I'm here guys... I just logged on and saw the thread with my birthday being celebrated, being called a fool,ect. (I told Chris to get rid of that by the way, nobody likes being called a fool, even if it is a stupid programming error!) I apologize for the screw up... it was not intentional. Just an attempt at some light humor on the board... It won't be happening again.

Jesse

7. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

The feature has been disabled. Again I apologize.

Jesse

8. Chris, we still love you man. Jessie after it was all said and done it was somewhat humorus. Chris just has a wild streak in him. God Bless you all.

9. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well I am sorry, and I saw humor in a way that I shouldnt have, I never meant to call you a fool Alan, or anyone else.

When you are around computer all day, and not people, you sometimes seem to loose that personal touch, and forget somethings are not funny to people.

Again I am sorry to everyone that took it the wrong way, and it won't happen again.

10. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Chris,it was funny,and I have to hand it to you for "getting" all of us. Don't stop doing things like this,we can't take ourselves too seriously.

11. Look Chris, no harm done you and Jessie do a fine job managing this site. I respect both of you gentleman and look foward to your future posts. You know Chris I admire you for your wit and enthusiasm. I am just too 45 years old.

12. Chris

Well glad we are "cool"

Now, you can see what I was typing and making you see your username. But Alan, I am not too far from you in age sense, lets just hope I dont get gray hair any time soon.

13. You know Chris, I wish you the very best. To late for me on the grey hair, oh well I've earned every one of them.

14. Oh by the way -- the new SPIDERMAN movie is opening soon. you are a fan right?

15. Ok I finally broke a hundred posts--why push my luck. Good evening gentleman.

16. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

oh god

I am still getting it! It was classic.

17. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I guess the thing that jacked me up the most were some rather cruel words directed to this forum earlier. (from elswhere) I was really discusted thinking in my own mind that someone would do something like that. As I mentioned in one of my threads on the locked out post, this was very un-Chris like. At least I was right about one thing today in my little world today.

18. Chris

Allen, didnt you want to be Spiderman when you grew up? I know I sure did and bought almost every spider man comic I could with my allowance from picking up sodaw cans and bottles :)
    I wish I had the 1st comic still, worth close to 2700, and with the movie release its predicted to go higher....

19. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Well actually, it is the SECOND spiderman movie. The first was real lame. For example, for shooting a web, Spiderman would stick out his wrist, then the camera would switch to show a big, heavy, knotted, cargo net hitting the bad guys.
    PS: Just gotta love the Superman line in the previews.