close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Black Hills ammo

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dale, Apr 11, 2002.

1. I ran across a brand of .223 called Black Hills ammo. Was wondering if anyone has heard of them and any impressions of the quality.

The price for 55 gr bullet, fmj, and new brass casing was $12.95 for a box of 50. Not sure if this is a good price for this brand.

2. jarcp

jarcp G&G Newbie

Black hills ammo is often used in the tests that many of the major gun mags publish. I've never used them myself, but all the writers seem to rave about them. As far as price? Chech out some of the ammo suppliers online and look at the price of surplus and compare.

3. Bryan Williams

Bryan Williams G&G Newbie

I have shot about 4 boxes of Black Hills Ammunition through my Ruger Vaquero, and had no problems with it. It's very accurate and reliable, altho price is a little much for my shooting. $22.50 for 50rds of 45 Colt:gangster:

4. MikeC

MikeC G&G Newbie

Dale, llike jarcp said, many consider it benchmark grade. The price you gave sounds like higher end stuff. A local gun shop here had 300 round "battle packs" of South African M193 for $47. NOT great price, you can get the SA stuff cheaper at gun shows and online. If you want to shoot matches get the Black Hills. They also have a line of reloaded ammo.

5. M1rifleman

M1rifleman G&G Newbie

Ive shot the reloaded 52 match HP in my Remington 700 and the stuff i would say has to be the best tradeoff in accuracy vs. cost efficiency. its good and somewhat cheap and its plenty accurrate

6. Bill K

Bill K G&G Newbie

My 10FP Savage tactical really likes the BH 168 grn match ammo.
    Black Hills seams to be an up and comming company. I beleve
    they also supply match ammo to the Army Marksmanship Unit