1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
What are your thoughts,@CurtisCGebo? You posted the link, but didn't add any detail.

From what I've read, the PSA AK's don't suffer from the canted front sight issue that have blemished the name of some other US manufacturers. I don't own one, but it's always tempting when they go on sale.

·
Premium Member
12,815 Posts
That price for a BLEM is a little steep in my personal opinion. I own a PSAK-47 pistol with brace and I have to say, "I really like it!"

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
That price for a BLEM is a little steep in my personal opinion. I own a PSAK-47 pistol with brace and I have to say, "I really like it!"
That price is for a matched serial number pair of rifles; 1 psa AR and one psa AK. Makes the price a lot more palatable.

Reactions: ChaZam

·
Registered
20,622 Posts
At those prices, it must be an old ad!?!?
I don't know. I know Memorial Day week, PSA had a ridiculous sale on blemished rifles and lowers, and we did a ton of transfers. Aside from that, their prices have remained surprisingly stable through the last two years.

The crazy thing is that finding their "blemishes" was usually like playing "Where's Waldo" on hard mode.

There was a tiny chunk of plastic, the size of a pin head, out on a screw hole on the stock on one, in an area that would be completely covered up most of the time.

One had a tiny scratch on the lip of the mag well.

On one, I think the "blemish" was just that the handguard and the stock looked to have come out of different color batches, but I can't be sure because it only looked this way under certain lighting.

One of the AKs was pristine. If there was a blemish, no one in my store could find it.

One AR lower had a brace, and I think the blemish on that was a single loose thread on the little nylon strap on the brace.

Honestly, we were mostly guessing on what might be considered a blemish.

Either they have the world's most top-notch quality control, and are discounting guns that some of the more expensive companies would sell full price, or they ran out of blemished guns and just sent regular ones. Either way I am impressed with that company.

I'm tempted to get an AK from them, but I just can't make myself go with a plastic stock, and I don't really want to have to buy a wooden one.

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
This is a rimfire forum, not trying to be a Ken or Karen.....just saying..Mod can it be moved?

Reactions: animalspooker

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
the O.P. is banned?
I have bought a couple of "blems" from PSA. I never could find any blemishes on them either.

·
Premium Member
12,815 Posts
I don't know. I know Memorial Day week, PSA had a ridiculous sale on blemished rifles and lowers, and we did a ton of transfers. Aside from that, their prices have remained surprisingly stable through the last two years.

The crazy thing is that finding their "blemishes" was usually like playing "Where's Waldo" on hard mode.

There was a tiny chunk of plastic, the size of a pin head, out on a screw hole on the stock on one, in an area that would be completely covered up most of the time.

One had a tiny scratch on the lip of the mag well.

On one, I think the "blemish" was just that the handguard and the stock looked to have come out of different color batches, but I can't be sure because it only looked this way under certain lighting.

One of the AKs was pristine. If there was a blemish, no one in my store could find it.

One AR lower had a brace, and I think the blemish on that was a single loose thread on the little nylon strap on the brace.

Honestly, we were mostly guessing on what might be considered a blemish.

Either they have the world's most top-notch quality control, and are discounting guns that some of the more expensive companies would sell full price, or they ran out of blemished guns and just sent regular ones. Either way I am impressed with that company.

I'm tempted to get an AK from them, but I just can't make myself go with a plastic stock, and I don't really want to have to buy a wooden one.
Oh I agree. Usually, with most companies anyway (like PSA and Anderson), the blems are near impossible to find and I've never seen one that interfered with the operation of the firearm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts