close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blue Sky Barrel

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ltcboy, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Are Blue Sky Barrels crap?? Are the o.k. for having a shooter??

2. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Any barrel that is not bent with a good muzzle and descent bore is a winner PERIOD dont let anyone tell you different. Oh it also needs to head space properly. I like the "cheap barrels for dumb reasons" like a T.E. of 7 or 8 with a tight muzzle. Means nothing to a shooter but for some reason people think T.E. is the deciding factor. WRONG not if it is under a 10. Most of us wont shoot enough to worry about it.
    I see so many folks saying they want a T.E. of 1 but never ask about the muzzle. I have seen a T.E. of 1 and a shot out muzzle from Denmark. They cleaned it more than it was ever shot. One last thing if ther is a dark ring on the inside be careful as it normally is a swollen bullet from a primer only round that had no powder or little in it and the second bullet came behind it and wammoed it so the barrel swelled. Rick

3. Stock Doc--

Do you have shooters with Blue Sky Barrels??

Ltcboy

4. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Nothing for sale but have had them and shot them. No problems except one that was able to swollow a ball bat hehehehe. I changed it out for a new barrel quickly. I have one with a Excell Gardner stamp on it but the muzzle isnt any good. It shot good but not for points. Rick

5. Stock Doc--

Do you sell Garands??

6. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I have a 3.1 million all correct except the 51 barrel on it. It is in excellent shape and nice even dark finish. Email me if interested and I will give you my number if interested. Rick