close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Board snobs...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyclops, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

I frequent a couple other boards & have noticed a real snobbish attitude towards people who follow a different ideology than the majority. How 4th grade is that? Isn't the idea of a discussion board to get different opinions out & learn from them?

2. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

be careful here

Cyclops,
    I found out the hard way that this board has a happy status quo. It doesn't take much to raise the ire around here. Religion will get you into quick battles here. Politics and arguments about patriotism and "Americanism" can lead to fights real quick too. There are a lot of great people here with tons of great information, but be careful.

3. Tober

Tober Firearm Aficionado Forum Contributor

Well Cyclops never had too much of a problem here, but I haven't been here in a while...

4. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Yup,
    Been pretty good for me here. Every now and then we get on each others nerves, who don't. But in the end there are good people here. Iv'e noticed some of your post. You have some good questions. Some may not get answered real quick. I only know that in my case, I don't know. Keep trying to stump us. WE LOVE IT!

Lenny, don't sweat the small feces, eh ;)

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well let me ask Cyclops, are you talking devil worshiping? Because if that is the case, then yes something will be said because this board and I know Jesse will back me up will say that this board is built with God in mind, and I believe that most members find that year.

If its something else most of us are pretty tolerant...

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yep, heaven forbid a conservative gun and game site shows patriotism and love of God and America! Whatever were we thinking? Jason, If a civil tongue is kept and you don't name call then no one will have any problems here. Now Cyclops is already following that road by calling people on here 4th graders and then it all goes to crap from there. Cyclops had a complaint that people weren't answering his threads fast enough or not at all. Not everyone is interested in what you are interested in or we have rehashed that question before. Be patient and people will come around and talk to you. Don't start name calling...BAD idea.

7. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Like any place this board has its rules..formal and informal...part of the experience is getting to know whats accepted in this setting...I have goten a few warnings about a racy joke I posted and made the correction and no more problems. Jessy and Chris OWN the board not me...Im a guest and like visiting someones home I abide by their rules. Ive seen some topics go on and on about some pretty contraveral topics...but people posted THEIR views and gave informed feedback.

8. jerry

USA
    yes we are a conserative bunch.
    I didn't see the 4th grade thing being directed at this site specifically albiet your like family NRAJOE & others, just didn't see it.
    Yes, formal & informal rules. I'm letting it hang out for some right now I'm sure. They'll foregive me, typically.
    Chris & Jess are very tolerant. Iv'e seen some threads that I thought would be flat out locked down, never happened.
    We now have a great place to argue about stuff (chat room) It's a kind of if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen place. Everyone has to look at the post over and over. No one is twisting anyones arms to go to chat of PM for that matter. But, this has clear limitations expressed by admin.
    I very rarely get fired up, but dang, I like hanging out here. I'm not saying everyone should be PC. Just have a good time, life's too short.

9. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Yeah were mostly Ex-Military, I know for a fact ya have to have passed the 10th grade to get in!

My two cents:

I made one 3 part rule to live by when I came back to the world.

A) No one shoots at me
    B) Don't have to cut my hair, unless I want to
    c) Don't have to wear green

Everything else is Mox Nix.

If I don't like what you say, I'll tell you. If you don't like what I say, YOU can tell me.

I'll do one of two things, I will either listen and learn form what other say, or De-de mow.

10. jerry

USA
    well said Sir!

11. NRAJOE

Good credo to live by Armorer, Jerry, you and most others on here are also considered like family and I don't let anyone attack, slur, or degrade my family so I am sensitive about what new people say about us without getting to know us first. Its like going into someones house and spitting on their rug...it just ain't done!

12. jerry

USA
    nuff said,
    hey see some folks real time on the chat room.

13. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I'm just glad that you all agree that I'm right all the time.:D

14. jerry

USA
    wes,
    were you right enought to get to that topless car wash in loveland? I think I heard that right on the radio?

15. Cyclops mentioned other boards--was he typing about us. That's not the way I took it. Lenny-- religious views--now that is a subject that we can all agree to disagree on.. Patriotism--I think we all come full circle on that one.

16. FireStar

FireStar G&G Newbie

Am I missing something?

I read and then re-read Cyclops comments several times and I must be reading something other than what ya'll have. When Cyclops said that he frequents other boards, my interpretation is that the other boards are on other web sites... and NOT on this one.

If this is the case, then I totally agree with his comments. I too have noticed a very snobbish attitude toward those who don't agree with the majority.

17. Thank you -- the point I was trying to make.

18. NRAJOE

Yes i guess I did misread that,once again my bad. Got touchy, I apologize Cyclops.

19. My basic creed is to be fair...firm and bending.

I have spoken my opinions in here, quite highly at times, in fact, but I hold no grudges any more. Life is just too short.

Prejudice is what a person does to you as an individual!

And, there isn't ONE person in this forum that I wouldn't walk through the gates with and help if I possible could...thats a fact!

When the chit hits the fan and the members of this room would more than likely meet in some remote area of Oklahoma......we'd be a force to reckon with. AMEN.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2002
  20. NRAJOE

I felt so bad I had to P.M. Cyclops and give my humble apologies!