Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Bold trigger on my Spanish mauser, now the safety doesn't work. According to the directions, that means that it isn't installed properly, which I'm pretty sure it is, or that the bolt sear is worn away to far. I really don't think it's a problem with my bolt, as the safety worked just fine with the original trigger. The problem is that the sear on the new trigger holds almost an 1/8 of an inch farther forwards than the old one did, so the rifle isn't cocking the whole way, thus not allowing the safety to go on. The directions say that this is because the bolt is worn down, and that I need to build up the cocking lug on the bolt. For one I don't have the skill to do that, and for another, why should I when it's the trigger that's the problem, not the bolt?
Is there any solution to this besides, taking the trigger off, and putting the old one back on?
Thanks.

·
Master Gunsmith
2,119 Posts
There is a n easy cure but it is to complicated to explain here joe give me a pm and i will give you my phone number and i can expalin it to you so you will understand.
Steve

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
hello I did not see this post till now. I am having the same problem. thanks

I'm sure if you were to contact Sbowers via a PM, he'd gladly help you if you were to ask him.

Since you're knew and might not know how to, just left click on his name and the option to send him a PM will be the second one down.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The advice that the above member gave me was to have a gunsmith fix it, as there was no such thing as a bolt on trigger. I put it away waiting some time when I'd have time or money. Due to Corona virus, and the fact I'm employed by the government these days, it's the first time in years that I've had free time and any amount of money. So I've started knocking off little projects that have been waiting for these two. I pulled this Mauser out of the back of the closet, and took another look at it. I ended up widening the pin holes in the aluminum trigger housing and drilling a small divot in the receiver where the trigger set screw engages. That way I could push the trigger group backwards (less than 1/16," not an 1/8" as stated in my original post.) The set screw engages the divot and prevents the trigger group from sliding forward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts