close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bolts

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jimr, Mar 29, 2002.

1. jimr

jimr G&G Newbie

ohio
    what are the opinions on the differant manfacture of bolts for the ar 15. what's the best and worst?

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    jimr,
    Nowadays all the bolts are mil-spec and done on CNC machinery. So really what you're looking at is the warranty or how the company backs it's products. From what I've gathered on this forum: stay away from ASA. Buhsmaster and Olyarms are good. There has been alot of good stuff on Rock River Arms, which I must second...oustanding company. I hope that helps, Good Shooting! Eric

3. jimr

jimr G&G Newbie

ohio
    Eric when you said asa bolts do you mean american spirit arms? i think that is a new co. in ar15 guns and parts . isn't that bolt chromed?

4. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Jim,
    That is American Spirit Arms. Everything I've gotten from them has been top notch. But I heard "ALOT" of bad stuff regarding their customer service. Almost all of the bolts now are chrome lined. If you can afford it, you could get a complete chrome bolt and carrier. I have that set up in my varmint rifle and it sure is a breeze to clean. Hope that helps, Good Shooting! Eric