close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boring!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rave, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

The pistol caliber carbine forum never was a ball of fire,but now...........yawn!:(

2. Lanny

Lanny G&G Newbie

That's because this here new format got rid of the old threads on the Hi-Point vs. the M1 Carbine. How anyone can really think a 9mm handgun--even with a stretched 16" barrel--can contend with the famous WWII War Baby is beyond me. You pistol caliber carbine guys should leave well enough alone.

3. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Hi Larry,as far as I am concerned I am not comparing pistol caliber carbines to the M-1 carbine,which is also a pistol caliber in Ruger blackhawk,which can be bought at a very resonable price from folks that shot it because of the outrageous mezzle blast which is all out of proportion to the meager power it has.
    I have owned several M-1 carbines and even qualified in the military with one,kind of dating myself,and found them to be really neat little carbines,especially the Iver Johnson collapsable stock equipped models,had two.
    But my only complains were too much blast for the meager power,and too finiky,all the ones I saw in the service were too pickey about mags and ammo,you never knew when they would fail,but they were easy to clear.They are too delicate,especially the gas block which tends to separate from tha barrel or crack,very common with hard use.
    All in all I think the pistol caliber carbines have a lot going for them in home defense situations,very little blast and flash,not over penetrting,low cost ammo,no recoil.
    M-1 carbine was made to replace the pistol for cooks and techs like myself when I served,a lot easier to hit with than a pistol.:D

4. Lanny

Lanny G&G Newbie

I hear ya Rave...I'm just trying to get this thread going.

5. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Hi Lanny,sorry I got your name wrong,no excuse,careless I guess.Anyway,that was a good try,I have done the same thing,but this forum runs in spurts.I must say that the Hi-Point flurry got a lot of postings.
    Keep on posting,the more we post the lower the individual posting costs and the more the forum shows it's sponsors.
    KEEP ON POSTING!