Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day a Para Ordnance Big Hawg popped up on one of the FB gun trading pages I watch. Just so happened the price seemed decent and I had a check for almost the same amount that needed to be cashed. Seemed like a good deal so I jumped on it. I had no prior experience with Para or any double-stack 1911s, but the price was right and supposedly the gun had only 2 mags through it. Judging by the looks I believe it. Came with the case, 2 mags, 2 boxes of ammo (1 full Blazer alum. and 1 mixed), and a Blackhawk CQC paddle holster with finger latch. The gun looks brand new. Shot it for the first time today. My dad and I ran about 125 rds through it with ZERO hang-ups of any kind, and seems to shoot great.

I haven't been able to find the Big Hawg model for sale anywhere to compare price. So how is $425 for the whole package?

I'll post a picture when I can.

· Registered
6,297 Posts
I'd say that was a really good deal! especially considering all that came with it. the case, mags, ammo and holster could easily be worth $150. I always like to have at minimum two mags for any firearm so I would have been buying another anyways, theres money you didint have to spend, and it came with some function test ammo! I dont think I need to tell anyone here how much .45 ammo is, but it aint cheap!

· Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no prior experience with Para so I was a little hesitant, but I thought it looked like a good deal, and figured I could get my money back easy if I didn't like it.

The trigger is a bit heavy/chunky feeling but aside from that I am very pleased with it. As for the wide grip, its much more natural feeling than I thought it would be. It needs an extended slide stop/release though, I can't reach it without rotating the gun in my hand. Will standard 1911 parts fit this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.