Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought my newest addition today. A ruger P89 9mm. I like all the good things I have been reading about them. I was wondering if anyone else thinks I got a good deal. I gave 250 for it. Does that sound fair? I looked it up on Rugers' website and they are 525 new. I have the nickel finish on mine. Looks like this http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/images/Products/141T.jpg
I can't wait to take it to the range. What do ya'll think I should expect from this pistol as far as accuracy?

I wanted to add that it came with a case and 4 magazines. Two 10 Rounders and Two 15 Rounders!

·
Wonderment :)
34,720 Posts
GoodAim: Sir you did good:)
will need:feedback: keep that :) going.

Craig

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,195 Posts
Ruger makes a good tool in thier semi auto pistols. I had a P-90 once .45. I liked the way it shot. They are not much to look at and a bit big for some, but again a great tool. You will most likely not experience a great degree of target accuracy, however in most cases they will shoot at a high degree of combat accuracy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That sounds like one heck of a deal!! just the two 17 round mags are close to $80 so really you got the gun for about $170! And you'll hit what your aiming at! My brother used a blued P89 for a duty gun for about 4 years. The best part is every time you pull the trigger on a ruger they go boom!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Never had a 89, but have 2-97's and a 90, and couldn't ask for any better guns. Had a 95 that was good and let my Son have it. Wife has a 345 that she loves. I might have been lucky, but every Ruger P-series gun that I've had has been a good one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Your Ruger

I own one also, not pistol where you can shoot one hole groups, but accurate, dependable for carry.
you will not be disappointed with it,
i use my as my primary ccw weapon, as with any weapon, you must practice, as you well know, good luck from minnesota

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
i dont even want one but if i stumbled across that deal i would own one now!

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I've shot my friend's P-89 and it was okay. I like more punch in my guns.

BUT... that was a heckuva deal you got there!

Though, after my friend got the chance to shoot my GLOCK 27, he said he was thinking about selling his 2" snubby .357magnum to get a G27, but still holding onto his Ruger. :wink1:

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
feller it was your day to get a good deal and a high quality pistol too !!! So enjoy it, love it and it will take care of you if you ever need it. Rugers are excellent guns.
Congrats ...A.H

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
I've shot my friend's P-89 and it was okay. I like more punch in my guns.

BUT... that was a heckuva deal you got there!

Though, after my friend got the chance to shoot my GLOCK 27, he said he was thinking about selling his 2" snubby .357magnum to get a G27, but still holding onto his Ruger. :wink1:
thats kinda how i feel.
all i own are either .357 or .45acp
BUT thats a good deal

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Those are great guns. Ruger makes good stuff, you can't go wrong with one.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I usually see them in the $350-400 range, with the accessories I'd say you got a heckuva deal! As stated above, they aren't real pretty, lightweight, or small, but they ARE dead-nuts reliable. I've shot many Ruger autos and never had a FTF\FTE in over twenty years. I really don't know why I don't own one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yea I am very happy with my purchase. I hope once this hurricane passes I will be able to go to the range. I cannot believe how bad it's raining out here. I live just southeast of Beaumont and it's pouring buckets right now. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me I am sure.

And Billy that's kinda how this happened. I went in just browsing as always saw this and could not pass it up. I knew that the chances were slim to none that I would find another good deal on a Ruger like this one again.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took it out today finally. I was wondering what kinda groups should I be expecting. I was shooting today at about 20 feet. It did ok I didn't bother measuring it though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts