Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tube fed rifle. Had to take it back though. When I got home, noticed the safety was missing. Looked all through my truck and on the ground. Decided to call the gunshop and they said they found it on the floor. They had me bring it back and they will fix it free. They had to make a new pin for it. The bluing is about 70% and the stock could use a redo. But I bought it to throw under the back seat of the pick up. It will take .short..long...and long rifle. Want to load it with the quiet .22's for pests and the like. Never know when you need a .22 rifle in your hand. I forget the model number right now but they were only made from 1936-1940...shes an oldie! :eek: :cool: :D

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,475 Posts
Remington year of manufacture . . .

Joe, here's a link to RimfireCentral's Remington forum, with the sticky on Remington Year-of-Manufacture Codes. You can pin down when it was made, to the month! I wish all manufacturers did it this well.
Those old Remmy's can be great shooters. I have the tube-fed Model 512-X, and it shoots very tight groups.
My little 524 single-shot and bigger 521T Junior Target are superb shooters.
The old 41 has been disappointing, but I guess there are always lemons. ;)

Are ya gonna scope it, or leave it with the irons?

Link to RFC:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9555

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,701 Posts
for super quiet .22's for pest, depending on size try the Colibri. Made by Agulia, a 20 grain bullet fired by the primer only.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I THOUGHT THE AK

was for pest control:rolleyes:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Also check out the Remington subsonic - really quiet and it cycles the action on semi auto's, seems to hold a pretty nice group. I've also had a couple fo boxes of Lapua subsonic which was about the best I've seen but hard to find. I've seen both of these loads fired in a semi with a can on it and a fly f*rt makes more noise, quiter than a pellet gun for sure!
In fact if any of you happen to see some of that Lapua stuff I want some!!

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,475 Posts
Gotta be careful with those Colibris! A few years back, I shot a home-invading Possum - put one between the headlights at pointblank - he shook it off and ran! Danged single-shot - didn't get a second shot.
Go with Super Colibri or CCI CB-Longs, for a quiet take-down.

(The Possum did die - I found him under the house later, by smell . . . :( Not a quick kill, though. )

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,701 Posts
You had me laughing for sure big dog.
I once shot a rabbit 3 times with my .357 while javelina hunting. He was still trying to run when I walked up to snap his neck. I thought the noise alone would scare him to death.
Use the colibri on smaller pest.
P.S.
They work great on cats right on top of the head.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got her back yesterday....safety is back on, stripped stock and gonna Tung Oil it. Other than that its gonna be left alone. Iron sights only. Still didn't get the model number. My home computer is down and can only get on the web when I work...I'll try to remember the Mdl# tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts