close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boy could get eight years in juvenile for spitball attack

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, May 21, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I is sad a child was injured and indeed this showed poor judgement....but a felony for a spitball....I mean this kid is so screewed .... he can forget getting a decent job..milatary...voteing.firearm ownership ect. How would you feel if you were this kid..I mean for a silly prank like a spit ball you have destroyed your future...and your only 13....guess he might as well sell crack and get his gang tattoo.

Boy could get eight years in juvenile for spitball attack

Associated Press

Published May 16, 2002
    WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- A 13-year-old boy faces as much as eight years in juvenile hall for hitting another boy with a spitball.

Jeffrey Figueroa was waiting in line for a gym locker on his first day at Walnut Creek Intermediate School in September when he rolled a gum wrapper around his finger, put it in his mouth and spit it out. The wrapper hit a fellow seventh grader in the eye, and the boy had to have surgery.

Jeffrey said he apologized to the boy. But he was charged with felony counts of battery and mayhem, and last week he was convicted, the Contra Costa County District Attorney's office said.

The convictions carry up to eight years in a California Youth Authority facility.

Jeffrey is under house arrest as he awaits sentencing, set for June 6.
    :confused:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

NOW THAT IS WAY TOO SEVERE AND I HOPE CALMER HEADS PREVAIL ON THIS ONE!

3. I have proposed, in earlier posts, that all Californians need to wake up and move outta that stupidly run state.

Now, some schools of thought would say that anyone that lives in Kalifornia deserve what they get and, I'm afraid, I agree.

But it is sad that a 13 year old would be so severely punished for an 'recess/playground antic'.

Dang, I wonder what I woulda gotten for putting that upholstery tack on Mrs. Little's chair or that small 'brick' of sodium in the school's aquarium?

I remember reading an article where a child back east faced sexual abuse charges because he kissed a girl in his class....both age 6. Instead the parents of the boy agreed to do community service in lieu of prosecution for an act that ALL kids experiment with.

Sometimes I feel like our societies are all Titanics on course with an iceberg.

Last edited: May 22, 2002
  4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

OH MY GOD DALE I FORGOT ABOUT THAT UNTIL YOUR POST, 1973 8TH GRADE I PUT A TACK ON MY HOMEROOM TEACHERS CHAIR,SHE SAT ON IT AND SCREAMED HER FOOL HEAD OFF. I BUSTED UP LAUGHING THEN A LITTLE SNITCH THAT I HATED RATTED ME OUT! I GOT SENT TO THE PRINCIPALS OFFICE,GOT TWO SWATS ON THE *** FROM "OLD HICKORY" THE BIGGEST PADDLE IN THE WORLD WITH HOLES DRILLED IN IT FOR AERODYNAMICS. HAD DETENTION FOR TWO WEEKS WITH THE TEACHER I DID IT TO PLUS WHAT WAS WAITING FOR ME AT HOME! MAN TODAY I WOULD BE A FELON DOING HARD TIME WITH MY FUTURE DOWN THE DRAIN!