Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
it does double [plus] duty.
first off it insures you keep the gun sideways through simple ergonomics.
secondly it keeps your pants up [nothing worse than having your pants fall down during a gun fight]
plus as a bonus holding your junk protects it from incoming rounds.
Let me know how that works out for you.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Interesting info Craig on the 1300. Prices all over on some. Mine probably a bit rarer with the straight english style grip. Paid around $325 back in 99 for it. Aluminum receiver kinda irked me but was surprised how many more expensive guns have aluminum today.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well... I went to the new local gun shop, and picked up the Winchester 1200. I paid the $325, knowing it was a little high based on the feedback on here. I did it for a couple of reasons. First, I really like this shotgun. It is in really nice shape, and the action is super smooth. Second, I figured with what's going on with this pandemic hysteria, I was helping a local small business, and at the same time, building a rapport with the new local gun shop that I'd be frequenting. Sort of breaking the ice, as they say on American Pickers. Anyway, I just stripped it down and cleaned it, and took some pictures after I got it back together. I did some research, and read that since the serial number has an L prefix, it was made later than 1968. I also found a source that dates this shotgun sometime in 1975 based on the serial number.

Attachments

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,388 Posts
Well... I went to the new local gun shop, and picked up the Winchester 1200. I paid the $325, knowing it was a little high based on the feedback on here. I did it for a couple of reasons. First, I really like this shotgun. It is in really nice shape, and the action is super smooth. Second, I figured with what's going on with this pandemic hysteria, I was helping a local small business, and at the same time, building a rapport with the new local gun shop that I'd be frequenting. Sort of breaking the ice, as they say on American Pickers. Anyway, I just stripped it down and cleaned it, and took some pictures after I got it back together. I did some research, and read that since the serial number has an L prefix, it was made later than 1968. I also found a source that dates this shotgun sometime in 1975 based on the serial number.
You didn’t get hurt. Did good. Nice looking shotty.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

·
Premium Member
23,989 Posts
That is a nice looking firearm; should serve you well.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Thanks for the pics littlejoe. Looks quite mint for a gun made that long ago. Sure does have a nice piece of walnut to boot. Have heard the pros and cons on em but my 1300 has held up so far. Decent bluing on the barrels back then which is what I like. Forearm sure comes back quick when firing a high brass load or buckshot load on it's own. Yours looks a heck of a lot nicer than a Rem Express.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts