Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 4th mauser rifle, my Brazilian 30'06. this gun is SWEET! It got sporterized by a gunsmith so it's done profesionally, and he tamper with the iron sight at all. He even left the hood sight in the front too. I got this baby for a deal, also has a simmons 3-9X32 scope onit and it only costed me $250 the same amount I paid for my k98. can'y wait to take it to the range!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Sounds nice. By the way for anyone who saw the simmons thread before. I got the scope back from repair. It busted again. It's gotta be recoil. O ya. and it was a simmons 3-9. But I was also using 196 gr. 8mm ball. So there shouldn't be any worry for yours.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
gio, the problem isnt the recoil. it is simmons quality, junk. ive had simmons scopes fail on .22lr's, and it sure aint from severe recoil.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
mm_christ said:
.....Brazilian 30'06. this gun is SWEET! .... can't wait to take it to the range!
M_M, let us know how it groups. And how it does when ya heat up the barrel like 10 rounds.
Also bought one a while back. Bolt was tight on "go guage". But barrel was crap and stock was dukkie too. I became a parts gun.
Good luck

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
like I said earlier, agunsmith sporterized it so he knew what he was doing. If the scopes fails I'll get a knew one. I'll let y'all know when I get back from the range

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
If the Simmons scope gives you any trouble, they will repair/replace it for $10.00 shipping. The only thing that will void the warrenty, is a bent scope tube.

I had loaned my .30-03 to a friend and when I got it back the scope was damaged. I contacted Simmons and sent the scope to them and they told me the tube was bent. But, they offered me a new upgraded scope for about $60.00.

I took the deal. It was a good deal.

Nick

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got back from the range a little while ago. good reports:
1. scope didn't fail on mr at all
2. got a 2 in. grouping a 100 yards
so it turns out I got a good deal on thi s gu after all. Earlier I meant the gunsnmith didn't tamper iwth the iron sights, funny thing too acually the barrel and action are completly parkerized.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have an argentine Mauser Rifle in 7,65 mm. that was the caliber used by the argentine army... I didn´t know, that this rifle was made in 30-06, for Barzil...

·
Registered
517 Posts
FutureMarine said:
many latin countries have made their own types of mausers
Yes, but this caliber was american... The almost was with caliber in European denomiantion in milimeters... We had here, 3 models
1 for the infantry
1 for cavalry
1 for engineres corps
The first rifle adopted by the army was the Remington Rolling Block in 11mm in 1872... in 2 modells, rifle and carabine, with a long bayonet...
I have one in perfect conditions of use...
Then we bought a Mauser model in 1898 in black powder...
A few years later we adopted in 1903, the mauser argentine Modell, that was the one I was talking about... Then, this Mauser model was made in my country too till 1952, wen we adopted the belgian FAL......

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think in the 1950's after the korean war the U.S. sold off alot if garands and carbines as well as our aircraft and ships. So the Brazilians probably rechambered their mausers to the 30'06, before they did that they were an 8mm chamber. I', actually gonna see about getting the military stock for it and get a sniper scope so it'll look like a real sniper rifle.

·
Registered
517 Posts
mm_christ said:
I think in the 1950's after the korean war the U.S. sold off alot if garands and carbines as well as our aircraft and ships. So the Brazilians probably rechambered their mausers to the 30'06, before they did that they were an 8mm chamber. I', actually gonna see about getting the military stock for it and get a sniper scope so it'll look like a real sniper rifle.
Yes, could be that, we bought a lot of things from USA after the WWII...
we bought a lot of jeep willys and and shermans tank... some of the shermans was in service in 1989, when I was doing the military service... It was a really a museum.lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts