Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard on 5 p.m. news that the MO supreme court has ruled in favor of CCW, with the exception of four counties. This ruling is effective immediately.

Jackson county, which is basically downtown Kansas City, and three other counties are temporarily excluded from the ruling "until" the expense for CCW training issue in those counties is resolved. Then they'll join the rest of our state.

As expected, there's several requirments to complete in order to qualify for legally carrying. Those were posted in an earlier post I made.

So now it's time to "get off the pot" and take action to become a legally qualified CCW carrier. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Within a few days I'll be driving over to Cabelas to pick out my carrying piece. Also, it'll be a required six week delay from the time I apply for the license.

:nod: :cheer: :right:

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That'll probably depend upon what Cabela's or Dick's has available. Something with a 3-4" barrel, .357 or bigger, no hammer, fits my hand, and isn't priced a piece of gold. My intention is to review the complete threads on g&g before making a decision. In other words...the decision is still somewhat up in the air but I know the features which are important to me. :nod:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Springfield Govt. Model 1911 A1, Rock Island 1911A1, or Rock Island Commander length with broach fit bushingless bull barrel.

Any of these are under 400 bones Ox. We're gonna worry aboutcha out there unless your carrying a real hand gun! :D

Colt? Where are ya Colt? Back me up here! :p

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
Max I will Back you the commander length midsize or even the compact RIA 1911 is a good gun just make sure it has the beavertail grip safety or you'll get bit by the hammer -- trust me.
Glad to hear you guys joined the rest of us that means you can Carry in TN now.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Max: I had a .45 Colt 1911 A1 many years ago. Traded it off but wish I had it back now. I'm well familiar with that gun's capabilities.:right:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I'm sending my paperwork off to Pennsylvania. You can get a nonresident carry license valid in Missouri for 20 clams!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts