close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brisket?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Aug 23, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I know most people say it's easy to do, but I have never found the perfect seasoning. Doing one in the oven for a party Saturday evening. Any success stories?

2. Without going into a big list of ingredients. Here's a simple way to cook brisket. Wash the brisket first then dry, salt and pepper--maybe some Lemon pepper. Put it in a brown n bag. Mix one package of onion soup mix with one cup of water and pour over brisket. Cook with fat side up for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Don't forget a big pot of pinto beans using Pinto Bean seasoning. And of course cold beer to drink. I thought I already proof read this.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2002

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I'm gonna give that a shot Alan, thanks!

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Lone Star alan?

5. Do they still make that stuff? That beer definitly is not from the Lone Star state.

6. Lone Star bought out Iron City and Carling's Black Label didn't they? Yum yum, he he he he...yeah right!

7. NRAJOE

Maybe thats why my favorite beer quit being sold at this little tavern out in the country. Drank Iron City dark draft beer for years at this place. Went in 2 weeks ago and its gone! The people who run the tavern said the distributor will not carry it anymore because this tavern was the only one who served it in the area! MAJOR BUMMER!

8. Not familiar with Iron City. I have heard of Carling's Black Label.

9. NRAJOE

Iron City is made in Pittsburgh, hence, "Iron"City. Not too bad of a beer.

10. Surely it was better than armadillo pee--Lone Star.

11. NRAJOE

Yeah but every once in awhile you swallow a rivet...yuck!

12. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Lone Star still exists. It was originally made here n San Antonio and is now made in Ft. Worth. Stuff is terrible!

13. Brisket

Use sun dried tomatoes, and some celery seed in the seasoning, and don't be stingy with the garlic.