Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 CZ52 pistols from Century Arms. Folks, these guns are "Nice" , made well, look good, and boy do they shoot. Oh! Did I mention the price is right and Ammo is cheap, and easy to get, Winchester, and wolf both load it plus the military ammo is $80.00 for 800 rounds. If you are looking for a nice semi-auto give one a try and they can be bought with Curio& Relic............. Have a good day shooting, Bill:feedback:

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,220 Posts
I once had 7...

Just one right now...
Do it a favor and get the 16.5 lb spring from Makarov.com

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,220 Posts
Better function...reliability....shells don't get flung so far...

Makarov.com On-Line Shopping Cart

If you shoot hot loads like FNM or even "standard" loads, you'll probably want to go with a stiffer (e.g. 16.5#) spring. The frame you save may be your own. The original CZ-52 spring is rated for 14.5#. Available are 12.5#, 14.5#, 16.5# and 18.5# springs. The '#' is for pounds as in pounds of force required to compress the spring.
In general, you want to use the heaviest spring that will still give consistently reliable ejection. This, of course, depends on the type of ammo you shoot and your individual pistol.

Changing the spring is very simple. Follow the instructions for field-stripping a CZ-52. That is, remove the slide, remove the barrel from the slide (the barrel removal tool is handy), remove spring from outside of barrel, put new spring on outside of barrel, reinstall barrel, reattach slide, and you're ready to go!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.. Need to order a new firing pin so I have it.. From what I read that maybe a weak point also.. Cheers, Bill

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,220 Posts
Only if you dry fire alot...I have 5 original pins just in case...but I never dryfire it.

I believe makarov.com as snapcaps in 7.62x25

·
Registered
101 Posts
Heres a bargain basement story for you. I have a buddy with a c&r and he bought a 52 3 years ago and it just hung in his gun room until 2 months ago when i bought it from him. He said it wouldn't fire and he couldn't figure out how to fieldstrip it, and didnt have the time or inclination to look up how. So I bought it for $30, took it home, got on the net and got instructions to dissassemble it, and found the broken firing pin. I then found a new pin on ebay for $7.50. Long story short, I have a cz52 in new condition for $37.50.

·
Registered
254 Posts
They are sweet pistols. I've been looking to pick one up. Think I'll order one here soon since I got my C&R recently. However, I do miss the days of when you looked in the Shotgun News and saw Tokarevs for $100.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Heres a bargain basement story for you. I have a buddy with a c&r and he bought a 52 3 years ago and it just hung in his gun room until 2 months ago when i bought it from him. He said it wouldn't fire and he couldn't figure out how to fieldstrip it, and didnt have the time or inclination to look up how. So I bought it for $30, took it home, got on the net and got instructions to dissassemble it, and found the broken firing pin. I then found a new pin on ebay for $7.50. Long story short, I have a cz52 in new condition for $37.50.

Well you need to spend $20 more before you test it again. The recoil spring is probably toast. If the brass ejects 30 feet that is a sure sign they're shot. Springs are $16 and shipping is $4. You'll damage the gun shooting it with mushy springs.

·
Registered
740 Posts
12-15ft? That's far enough to hit a shooter two benches over to your right. It should eject less than half that far. Remember it's not just flinging brass it's letting the slide slam open too. I also bought a FEG PA63 that flung brass. Now with a new spring in both they drop brass politely at my feet. The spring in those two pistols may have been 40 years old or more as in the CZ52s case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old Military Rifles

Uh .. Im New At This ... Been Buying Military Rifles Since About
'70 .. This Last Week Bought A K31 Swiss Walnut .. Nice And A Polish Nagant 1952 Date .. Decent ..thats All For Now.....
By The Way .. Hello
Gern

·
Registered
1 Posts
Underground Storage

Bill -

I have a Tokarav too - how do you think one should prepare a semi-automatic for long term storage. I want to set mine back for the future, along with some ammo; what's the best method?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts