Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked up a VZ 24 BRNO 8MM Mauser today that is in fair shape. Dated 1938, matching numbers, but missing the cleaning rod, But has the Ski patrol multiple sling swivels! I Have a lot of cleaning to do on it But everything seems tight and the bolt is very smooth! Anyone have any thoughts About these Czech Mausers....Any parts Failures ?

Rich

·
Registered
155 Posts
as you may have seen mine up on the photobucket...i went out and shot it saturday with some old romanian 8mm junk i got for free with the gun...shot high at 100 yrds but thats probly because its battle sight zeroes out at 200m....ok groups at 100 yrds...i wasnt expecting a lot from a $100 rifle but what i was most impressed with was the stripper clips that the romanian ammo came on...worked beautifully....much better than the ones i have for my 91/30....the bolt is a little difficult to work all the way down when chambering a round but you just have to give it a little persuasion

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to Know ! Thanks. I have to root around and see if I have any stripper clips when I get ready to shoot it, and Have to find some Milsurp Ball, I have some hunting Ammo !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts