close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BRNO Model 1

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by TwoTwo, Aug 4, 2002.

1. TwoTwo

TwoTwo G&G Newbie

India
    Hi folks! I'm new on this forum and I own a 1950's BRNO model 1 that I cant live without. I am in the process of restoring this fine weapon and would like fellow model 1 owners to add their views about this gun to this thread.

2. hedgehorn

hedgehorn G&G Newbie

I just got a BRNO model 1. I havent shot this rifle yet but wow what a nice rifle. I love how smooth the action is and the fit and finish is superb. I am picking up a new butt plate since mine is cracked and an original sling. I can't wait to shoot it. Congratulations on your rifle and I hope to see some pics of the restoration process as well:slomo:

3. I currently have one Brno #1. They are fine shooters and perhaps one of the best looking .22LR sporters made. One of the neat features is that the rifle will fire when you push the trigger forward intentionally. Some of the story goes that you mount the rifle and rather than put your index finger into the trigger guard to fire the arm; you instead put your index finger on the outside of the trigger guard and using your thumb you merely squeeze the trigger forward toward the trigger guard and it fires nicely.

4. Hi, i'm new to the forum and new to the sport. I have purchased and Brno Mod 1, for the reasons you guys have, they look bloody great, and they're absolute masterpiece in terms of build and function. That action is just so smooth!! I can't wait for the permit to arrive in the mail so i can go collect it!! I look forward to hearing what others have to say.
    Happy shooting, Rob.

5. Mello

Mello G&G Newbie

A fine gun

Hi, Two two
    I'm from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and I have a Brno model 1, a gift from my uncle. This gun has been locked in a plastic carrying bag for years, and some rust attacked the barrel, but besides this, it's in good condition. The mounting screws were lost, and I'd to use a pair of standadrd ones, instead the originals. But the gun is a superb piece of craft, precise, indeed.
    best regards,
    Mello

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I have the Chinese Norinco copy of the BRNO .22LR rifle - a very good shooter! The Czech magazines interchange fine.
    If I can luck into the original Czech rifle, I will grab it! :)

7. mytoys

mytoys G&G Newbie

As with a lot of people out there I inherited my one, however it has a cracked stock which is probably passed repairing. Does any body know if there are replacement synthetic stocks(Hogue, ATI, or similar) available for these great old guns?