close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

broke a tool

Discussion in 'General Reloading' started by cooker300, Jan 2, 2018.

1. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist

NW PA
    well I was doing case prep on some 44mag brass. I managed to break my lee hand primmer. the lever snapped in 2. called lee and they said they switched hand primes a few years ago and were unsure if they had any of the old style levers in stock anymore. looked on line found a few for under $2.00 but its hard to spend $5.00 on shipping for a part that has no weight.

have to check the local gun shows.
    so now its back to placing them 1 by1 in the press . just glad I'm doing small batch load development

ChaZam, jwrauch and neophyte like this.
  2. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Cooker300...that's so sad to hear. Have you considered other options????
    Lee Auto Bench Priming Tool
    upload_2018-1-2_17-13-46.jpeg

big shrek and Ron The Legend like this.

3. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist

NW PA
    I just looked at that and there 2 new hand primers.

Wicked109 likes this.
  4. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Are you talking about the new Lee Ergo Prime? It looks sweet. So, is your cash burning a hole in your pocket....are you going to get one, and are you willing to give a friend an early birthday gift (since Christmas has already passed). hint, hint. I have the safety prime attached to my turret press. Works like a champ.

5. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist

NW PA
    yes that's the one. I'm broke for a few weeks but if I do get one ill make sure to give you a review

Wicked109 likes this.
  6. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

upload_2018-1-2_19-53-16.jpeg
    just get one of these and be done with it.
    about 90$ everywhere.
    rcbs bench mounted priming tool.

7. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Rats, something else I might have to buy for the reloading bench. Guess I need to figure out if this old Pacific single stage has a priming attachment on it. Planning on using it for rifle cartridges & picking up a progressive for 380, 9mm, 45 & possibly 40S&W.

8. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I just put one of those on my bench. I may have one of the old primer arms laying around, but I am afraid it will be buried somewhere. I'll look, if I find it, I'll PM you.

9. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

That is what I was going to tell him to find a big place that has it & order enough needed stuff to make it worthwhile. That's nice that you gave him the link. A lot of people just say do a search for it but some of us with older computers don't have the same search abilities as others. My girlfriends computer will search & find things that mine just goes blank on.

Blackrock likes this.
  10. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist

NW PA
    ok thanks let me know and ill pay ya for it

11. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist

NW PA
    thanks for the links, that's what I need. ya I need some bullets as well just have to wait till pay day to place the order.

12. gandog56

Aw dude, things got crazy today. I plumb forgot to even look. I try to remember tomorrow.

13. gandog56

Hey, I found the box stuffed way up on a shelf. I have two handles, two levers, two bodys. I even have a couple trays with tops. (Didn't check to see if they were large or small primer, but it's probably one of each) You want any or all of it?

14. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist

NW PA
    sure if your willing to part ways with it. PM me a price and your address