Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Earlier this week, I bought a Wildgame Innovations XB380 crossbow for my sons to use this deer season. We were zeroing it and the 3rd time we fired it, the arrow retainer broke off. Not a big deal, I thought. However, Academy Sports does not accept returns on crossbows. I contacted the folks at Wildgame, 3rd phone call, and the 1st one answered, + 3 emails, and they told me that THEY were waiting for replacement parts also. 4-6 weeks till they expect them in. They'll call me when they come in.

I checked on the web for replacements, and can find'em for almost anything but Wildgame. None of the local archery shops have Text Office equipment Office supplies Paper Laptop accessory
Bumper Automotive exterior Font Rear-view mirror Automotive mirror

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a very thin piece of metal. Much too light to weld, or braze. I work with a gas pipeline company, welders everywhere. LOL I think I'll let one of the boys use my bow and I'll try my hand with the video camera.

Reactions: Jaison

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I’m assuming it’s a piece of aluminum or spring steel. You might try bending up a piece of bar stock to match the shape. Use a socket or dowel rod in a vice to match the radius of the bends. That might be good enough to get you out a few times until they get parts for you.

Reactions: Jaison and ninwnc

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give that a try tomorrow. I'm huntin behind the shop anyway, so the stuff is right there.

Reactions: Jaison

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My son ordered a generic arrow retainer, and it seems to work fine. I had tried rebending and re drilling the original, but about the time I got the second hole almost through, it snapped in two.

Reactions: Dutch

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son ordered a generic arrow retainer, and it seems to work fine. I had tried rebending and re drilling the original, but about the time I got the second hole almost through, it snapped in two.
I know this an old thread, but I'm in the same situation right now with my Xb380. Do you what retainer spring he bought? Where from? And is it still working?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts