Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well happy and sad at the same time...just brought her home...nicer looking than I thought it would be....finish is about 97% and stock is about 95%...has a few dings in her but no scratches....BUT she is not all number matching....bolt does not match receiver...it is a La Corona 1952 dated rifle. He has shot it plenty of times and says its very accurate....has at least a 95% bore.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,011 Posts
De Nada! For the dinero you paid, I wouldn't quibble - it's a nice rifle! :)

Nice thing is, the V-notch should work well for you at the 100-yard line. I never use the peep holes, just the notch.
So, when do you get to shoot it?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Dog said:
De Nada! For the dinero you paid, I wouldn't quibble - it's a nice rifle! :)

Nice thing is, the V-notch should work well for you at the 100-yard line. I never use the peep holes, just the notch.
So, when do you get to shoot it?
Maybe this up coming week if it dries out around here...

I picked up 2 battle packs of S.African 7.62 NATO for $48.00 OTD...

Besides getting the sling...bayo...he also gave me the front sight tool and 10 stripper clips...I also hear the cleaning kit clinking around in the tube.

I talked him down to $150 instead of $175...

·
36,011 Posts
A truly super deal, especially with all the accessories! And very few FR8's ever have the cleaning kit! Best check it though - Might be filled with Trojans and cigareet papers . . . :confused:

Congrats, Gunrunner! :cheer:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wonder if I should go to gunboards and tell them I'm gonna ground off the rear sight and drill and tap for a scope....

Wouldn't that be fun? :D ;) (I'm really not so don't freak out!) ;)

·
36,011 Posts
"Wonder if I should go to gunboards and tell them I'm gonna ground off the rear sight and drill and tap for a scope...."

You really want to learn what "kealhaul" means . . . ? :)

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
GUNRUNNER said:
Maybe this up coming week if it dries out around here...
and this from the guy that posted that nifty cartoon in the Tinder Box, Flashpan, Powder Keg or what ever its called. :joker:

·
36,011 Posts
Well, looks like we can fake it with an AK/SKS pull-thru brush and a piece of line from the inside of some parachute cord. The oil would be trickier - a wee bottle maybe?
Hmmm . . . I have just the thing . . . :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Big Dog said:
Well, looks like we can fake it with an AK/SKS pull-thru brush and a piece of line from the inside of some parachute cord. The oil would be trickier - a wee bottle maybe?
Hmmm . . . I have just the thing . . . :)
I just found someone who has the brushes and string...$5 shipped...no go on the oil capsules...he has them, but only for the complete kit with tube for $45.

I have the little brass rod....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts