Broward Coward Now Collects $8,700 Per MONTH Pension!!

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Ten Man, May 16, 2018.

1. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

2. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

No wonder state governments are all going broke !!!

Crazy 8, Coach and animalspooker like this.

3. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    “The 55-year-old Peterson, a deputy for 32 years, was paid $101,879.03 last year, according to sheriff’s office records.”

Looks like he was more interested in living a few more months and collecting a giant pension, instead of protecting and serving.

Coach, jwrauch, cjleete and 1 other person like this.
  4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

County. Usually City and County retirement bennies are better than State and Federal.

5. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Dang I gotta move to Florida... I would have to be like.... the Chief or something to get a monthly retirement pension payout that big...o_O

PaleHawkDown and jwrauch like this.
  6. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Holy crap, most of the cops I know are lucky to make $30,000 a year, and many start below that.

There aren't many police chiefs around here that pull in six figures.

animalspooker likes this.
  7. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

I'm clearly working for the wrong county!

mdj696 likes this.
  8. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Around here there aren't many cities with benefits packages for officers - just the bigger cities and the richer ones. Literally hundreds of cities and towns have incorporated in this state since 2001, and while maybe half of those have their own police force I can't think of any of the young cities that have benefits for officers.

State benefits are the way to go in Alabama. RSA (Retirement Systems of Alabama) is one of the most successful state systems in the country. They own a chunk of Met Life, Robert Trent Jones, a lot of real estate, some hotel chains, resorts and more. Somehow even Alabama Power and Alagasco are tied into them.

9. Big Dog

I shoulda gone into LE instead of IT!

10. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    $8700 a month comes out to $104,440 a year. I'm sure this is before taxes. Depending on his pension system, is how he gets his final average salary. If he did a lot of O.T. hours when he was a patrolman BEFORE he took the school guard position, it makes perfectly good sense. How tax friendly is Florida for someone who was an employee there for that many years? Is it similar let's say, to a retired New Yorker? All questions that have to be asked before we condem. As for the officer in question, do I think he's a coward piece of $hit? I most certainly do.

Now, as for the Dailywire, this is one of them fake news sites designed to stir the $hit up. And now back to your regularly scheduled program.

11. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    No income tax here. But he may have huge property taxes living in that area. Just moving away from the big city chops those down to size.

Coach likes this.
  12. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

You fellers are getting buried in the minutiae, and missing the basic outrage of the whole scenario.

This POS was a sworn Police officer, specifically tasked with school security, and he basically allowed 17 students to get slaughtered, while he stood outside waiting for his retirement pension.

Crazy 8, TACAV and animalspooker like this.
  13. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

^^^ DING-DING-DING!!! We have a winner!!

14. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

Looks like I retired from the wrong PD. I started out in 1971 making $365.00 a month gross.

TACAV likes this.
  15. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    No federal at all?

16. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    Not sure what you're asking, but we have Homestead exemption on your primary residence, making it taxed at a lower rate than secondary properties (such as those you rent out). We don't tax you based on where you moved from. :D

But no, Florida does not have a Federal income tax. :D :D :D

17. Big Dog

Florida..... no "Federal income tax"..... YES, we pay that. We have no STATE income tax.

I have the homestead exemption on my property, and pay three times more on my late parents' property.

As to this Broward Coward - fat lotta good any of us can do. Rail at him on these interwebs. Cuss him out the wazzoo. He'll likely move somewhere, maybe chsnge his name, enjoy his retirement. Doubt he will lose any sleep over those dead kids.

Huey Rider likes this.
  18. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner

He may have done his job for 30+ years, but for at least 30 minutes, he didn't and people died. His pension should have been denied.

Ten Man and Crazy 8 like this.
  19. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I dunno but when I watch the action on TV the calvary arrives and proceeds to stay out side and pose for the TV cameras,some times running back and forth with their nice clean never been fired automatic weapons and that's all they do,they never go inside until the shooting stop and the shooter either kills himself or escapes with the other kids being let out after the shooting stops,wow,heroes for sure.
    Like I said,I wasn't there so I am just saying what I saw on TV.
    Sad. :(

Ten Man likes this.