Browning Buckmark

Discussion in 'Browning' started by SwedeSteve, Jun 21, 2009.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Hmmm, I just moved to Alabama where silencers are legal. But my 10 1/2" Tactical Solutions barrel shoots so well I don't want to possibly mess it up. And they don't make that length anymore.

2. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

I have a Camper that I bought used for $200, which I thought was a great deal, even though it needed some minor parts and a serious cleaning. Shoots great now, but I "think" I might get better balance out of it with a longer or heavier barrel. Those barrels just swap right out, don't they? Seems like there's an Allen screw to loosen and that's it? Well, the rear sight mount too....

jerry likes this.

3. I bought a brand new one that had been customized by Lipsey. The put a Browning licensed barrel on it with a threaded adapter for a silencer. Whenever I have the funds for one, I think I will buy a silencer for it because that is just too cool lol!

4. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Can't imagine putting a can on a 10 1/2 inch barrel.

5. MoDoc

MoDoc G&G Evangelist

Missouri
    I've had a Buckmark 5.5" slabside since '94 or '96, and it has been my favorite and most accurate .22 pistol period. No feed issues with any ammo[in recent memory], I added a dot of red nail polish on the front sight for help in indoor ranges, but love the pistol.
    I just recently traded in a problematic Beretta Neos for a new SS Buckmark with a 5.5" bull barrel. I took it apart and exchanged the factory oil for some lighter gun oil, then took it out today for it's initial break in. In a pouring rain. I fired 100 rounds before wimping out due to cold/wet conditions. Sights were dead-on against a 6" polymer ball, but I was mostly looking for function today.
    60 rounds of Federal American Eagle 40g LRN HV gave me two failures to extract spent rounds, one dud that wouldn't fire on a second chance, and one fail to feed. 40 rounds of bulk Browning 40g LRN HV gave me no issues. I've had problems with American Eagle unplated before. I'll need a session indoors with a greater variety of ammo at some exact distances to feel better, but I'm still impressed with the Buckmark.

jerry likes this.
  6. My favorite ... 14" Bbl w/hooded sights
    browning buck mark unlimited silhouette med.jpg
    ... a real sweet shooter

K75RT, neophyte and jerry like this.
  7. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

OLD POST.....Let see those buckmarks.

Buckmark.png

8. FortyXDM

I can see that bad boy with a little mini tripod on the front.

neophyte likes this.
  9. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I don't have a Buckmark. Now you got me obsessing about needing to fill that empty hole...

neophyte likes this.
  10. This pistol is a great shooter, love it! They feed with no issues, have had only ammo quality issues as far as reliability...I found it locally for a great deal pre-plandemic..

Attached Files:

neophyte, jerry and ChaZam like this.
  11. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Looks
    looks
    like mine

K75RT and ChaZam like this.
  12. Jerry,
    Aren't these pistols the best thing this side of Ruger MK1,2,3,4? Their triggers are much crisper and the sights are flat out more usable....love my Rugers but the Browning...edges!

Gun Junkie, Jay, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  13. jerry

USA
    Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  14. jerry

USA
    Yep, it’s in a pink case. Daughter loves this gun so got it for her. IMG_1601124547.215431.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

Jay and ChaZam like this.
  15. FortyXDM

To Quote Karl in Slingblade: "They good alright"

jerry and ChaZam like this.