Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
My slightly modified buckmark.

I wanted the Buckmark silhouette model when I was in Hawaii, but they are banned as assault pistols, so I got the varmit model. I have a few other barrels like the 4" camper and 5.5 target. I tried to mount a Volquartsen barrel on it, but it did not fit in the frame properly, the barrel lug was shaped differently and the scope mount provided did not match up to the holes drilled/tapped in the barrel. To add insult to injury, Volquartsen refused a refund after I returned the barrel until I told them I was going to reverse the charge on my credit card.

I have put thousands of rounds through mine, so the 10 inch barrel is a bit worn out and the bigger groups (1" at 50 yards) show it. My favorite ammo is T-22, perfect combo in price, velocity (subsonic) and accuracy.

The silencer is nearly as nice as some of the better commercial 22lr cans out there. It comes apart for cleaning and is all aluminum except for the barrel adaptor and blast baffle.

Ranb

Hmmm, I just moved to Alabama where silencers are legal. But my 10 1/2" Tactical Solutions barrel shoots so well I don't want to possibly mess it up. And they don't make that length anymore.

I have a Camper that I bought used for $200, which I thought was a great deal, even though it needed some minor parts and a serious cleaning. Shoots great now, but I "think" I might get better balance out of it with a longer or heavier barrel. Those barrels just swap right out, don't they? Seems like there's an Allen screw to loosen and that's it? Well, the rear sight mount too....

Reactions: jerry
I bought a brand new one that had been customized by Lipsey. The put a Browning licensed barrel on it with a threaded adapter for a silencer. Whenever I have the funds for one, I think I will buy a silencer for it because that is just too cool lol!

I've had a Buckmark 5.5" slabside since '94 or '96, and it has been my favorite and most accurate .22 pistol period. No feed issues with any ammo[in recent memory], I added a dot of red nail polish on the front sight for help in indoor ranges, but love the pistol.
I just recently traded in a problematic Beretta Neos for a new SS Buckmark with a 5.5" bull barrel. I took it apart and exchanged the factory oil for some lighter gun oil, then took it out today for it's initial break in. In a pouring rain. I fired 100 rounds before wimping out due to cold/wet conditions. Sights were dead-on against a 6" polymer ball, but I was mostly looking for function today.
60 rounds of Federal American Eagle 40g LRN HV gave me two failures to extract spent rounds, one dud that wouldn't fire on a second chance, and one fail to feed. 40 rounds of bulk Browning 40g LRN HV gave me no issues. I've had problems with American Eagle unplated before. I'll need a session indoors with a greater variety of ammo at some exact distances to feel better, but I'm still impressed with the Buckmark.

Reactions: jerry
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.