close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Browning HP, need an "advise"...

Discussion in 'FN Hi-power/Inglis' started by ROTORCRAFT, Apr 27, 2013.

1. ROTORCRAFT

ROTORCRAFT G&G Regular

Hello again guys, I guess I´ve told you I own a very nice Argentinian "Browning" Hi-Power. Argentina has a long tradition in the production of this pistol, and they have a very good quality. Old production (between middle 60´s until middle 80's) were under FN license, although I think the patent is "down" in the present..

Anyway, the thing is that the latest models have an "anti réflex band" on the slide (between the rear and the front sight). I dont like it at all, so I´ve sent the pistol to a good gunsmith to "take it off" (sorry)

The result is a "flat surface" on the top of the slide. I love it, but on the other hand, I think that now, the slide has less material in this sector...

The question is;
    Do you think that replacing the original 17 lb recoil spring for a stronger 18,5 lb recoil spring could be a good idea in order to prevent a "crack" in this "weak part" of the slide?

Thank you very much in advance :)

2. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    This is something you should have discussed with the gunsmith who did the work.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013

3. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Quite frankly, I think you have rendered that pistol unsafe to shoot. I would not shoot it. It is weakened and in grave danger of hurting someone. To be kind....I will purchase that pistol from you for $50 bucks plus shipping (reasonable rates) so that you will not run the risk of injuring yourself or others.

No need to thank me. Just glad to help. PM me your address and I will forward funds to you immediately. :09:

4. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

5. ROTORCRAFT

ROTORCRAFT G&G Regular

Thank you Sir, but the pistol is not for sale, hehe!! ;)

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  6. ROTORCRAFT

ROTORCRAFT G&G Regular