Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy.

i got me a scope mount for my taurus PT92, same model as this. i plan to pair it with a nikon X2 EER handgun scope (normally the scope is for my ruger .44 mag but i want to try it on an automatic).

does any one have experience with one of these scope mounts? im wondering how the install went. thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've got a PT92 also... I've never considered a scope and mount combo but if I did I would get one just like that...Lemme know how it works.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you want to get one they tend to pop up on ebay every once and awhile. ive also seen them at gunsamerica.com.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got it mounted but havent had a chance to shoot it yet. Some notes:

1. The mount came with all tools and needed screws for install. Paper directions included. Part number is b-square 12101.

2. It wouldnt install with the directions. The sights on my taurus were too tall, so I had to install it a different way. The tac rail also got in the way a bit, if my gun had a blued finish the install would have left scratch marks on the guns tac rail (scratches dont show because of the stainless finish).

3. Just the gun and mount weight 34 ounces (w/o mag or scope). The gun definitely feels heavier with the mount installed.

4. Even with the mount installed the original sights are still usable. Im very happy about that, you can use the scope at long range, and then switch to the original sights for close range.

5. The mount hangs right over where the cases are ejected. There is a possibility of jamming problems. However, the rear portion of the mount could be cut down to fix this problem (assuming the scope does not get in the way of ejected cases).

I will probably shoot the gun next week and tell you how it goes. Overall Im pleased with the product so far.

Heres what it looks like mounted on the gun:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts