Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hunting deer this fall with a friend of mine. He was using a British 303 and I was using my M91/30 sniper rifle. Wear I hunt deer it is a common practice to go for lunch in the middle of the day. Since we did not see a deer all morning we went to lunch. As we stepped into the next field we spotted a buck 30 yards from us. He was a butie at least 10 points and he had not seen us yet. My buddy was between me and the buck so I pointed to him to take the shot. He raised the rifle aimed then brought the rifle down and looked at it, then raised the rifle aimed then brought it down and looked at it again. The third time he did this he cursed and the buck herd him and bolted. I never got a shot off. I said to him how come you didn't shoot. He said he tried but his gun didn't work. So I looked at his gun.

Completely disgusted I gave him back his gun and told him next time take off the safety and it will work.:eek:wned2:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Man, I HATE when that happens, especially when someone is there to witness it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The first time

When I was a buck virgin the first time I went to shoot a deer I could not stop shaking until I badged him. However we have been hunting together for 20 years. You know some days are a bummer. I got this one a week before in my aria we can take two.:scool: Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper Wire Auto part This is a photo of a friend of mine whom lost the use of his arm at birth. I took this photo for fun and we have fun telling people he shot it with my bow.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
This probably happens more times than hunters would admit to and especially the novice hunter and not remembering the position the safety is in. A lot of us only use the safety when we go hunting with one cartridge in the chamber and a full magazine. At the range, I'll clear my firearm and I'll never store a firearm with the safety on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
SO embarassing. When I was 12 my dad took me hunting and of course I got tired of sitting in the stand so I started walking back to camp. So I was just diddy-bopping down the trail and look up to see a six point staring right at me. I was using an M1 Carbine so the safety is almost silent. For some reason after I noticed the saftey was on I pulled the bolt back. Needless to say, the rattle of the loose fitting bolt made hime bolt. I was embarassed but had to tell my dad about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts