Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started moving into the new house last Monday. This is what I saw on Thanksgiving morning. We've counted about 15 different deer so far. The stuff at the bottom of the pic is my deck. I was lying on my stomach trying not to be seen when I was taking this.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moving sucks. But we love the new house. Just need to sell our old one so I can relax a little. Still can't get my truck in the garage because of the unpacking still to do. Keep having to stop and watch all the deer - which isn't a bad thing. They said there are a ton of turkeys, but I haven't seen any of them yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
N.E.KS

Started moving into the new house last Monday. This is what I saw on Thanksgiving morning. We've counted about 15 different deer so far. The stuff at the bottom of the pic is my deck. I was lying on my stomach trying not to be seen when I was taking this.
Anywhere near Horton ?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
are you in management area 19? Douglas County? I have an extra tag!

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Pretty cool picture. Are you gonna hunt him?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No further south, almost straight south of you. North Eastern Lyon county. When they gave us deer tags, they included area 19 for some reason!?!?!?! A bonus is what the nice lady told me at fish and game.......

They got hogs out there you say? We're supposed to have them soon also.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No further south, almost straight south of you. North Eastern Lyon county. When they gave us deer tags, they included area 19 for some reason!?!?!?! A bonus is what the nice lady told me at fish and game.......

They got hogs out there you say? We're supposed to have them soon also.
I hear if you want hogs, all you have to do is let some loose and they wild up pretty quickly.

Hubby is in the deer stand as we speak. Took a flashlight last night and shined it toward the feeder about 11pm. There were five deer bedded up back there in the middle of our backyard. Haven't seen a thing since season started. They've been moving at night. Smart little things. I bet the Monday after season ends they'll be right back at the feeder in the daylight. If deer season isn't successful, we have a ton of coyotes that I'd like to see thinned out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts