Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a new pea shooter for mainly inanimate targets. This Buck Mark is just about exactly what I’m looking for. I’ve only shot an old .22 revolver and an old .22 short carnival pump gun so I don’t have that much experience.

There is one model with a 7.25 inch barrel and another with a 5.5 inch barrel. Would the 7.25 inch barrel give me any advantage over the 5.5 inch version? Also there is a "lite" version that is 1 pound 14 oz. And a standard version that goes for 2 pounds 7 oz.( there are also "lite" and standard weight 5.5 inch Buck Mark pistols) Would the extra weight help with accuracy?

Last, I plan to put a scope on it to squeeze every last bit of accurate range out of the .22. My goal is to put together the most accurate .22 LR so that I have only myself to blame for missing.

The Pistol-http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=006B&cat_id=051&type_id=424
The Scope- http://www.bushnell.com/products/riflescopes/specs/73-2632.cfm

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you're dead set on accuracy, I'd say get the longer barreled version. For plinking I'd get the shorter lite model for ease of handling.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
From the communication I have had with Bullseye target shooters, most prefer the 5.5 barrel over the longer version. They find the longer barrel harder to control and hold for long periods of time with one hand. I have a 5.5 inch bull barrel Camper model and am very pleased with it.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,459 Posts
With the open sights, the longer barrel gives a longer sight radius, which can (not always . . . ) enhance accuracy. But if you are going to scope it, it doesn't really matter. The shorter barrel will be lighter and handier.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Buckmark 22

Mine is the Plus Nickel SE Wood Laminate Pro Target Truglo/Marble 5.5 Barrel.
My best target pistol so far.
Kills those pop cans dead.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have fun tryin to put hiviz sights on the browning buckmark contour 7.25, I just put some on mine that i pretty much had to make myself, they dont one that fit into the barrel rib on that gun, guess its just to new, but once you get it to fit its deadly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts