Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I just bought a new Buck Mark Contour URX with a 7.25 in barrel, I already put close to 4000 round threw it, since i live out in the country I can just go outside and shoot after work. But back the the question I had. I can't seem to figure out the Iron sights on this thing, and I was wondering if nebody had upgraded there front sight to a HiVis sight, like the one on http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/accessories/detail.asp?value=005J&cat_id=128&type_id=41505
or on the page http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=16337 , but I was wanting to find out if you had to drill a new whole to put the screw in on the new sight, and how do I get the pin out of the stock barrel rail? Any info would help, thanks :full:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'm afraid I can't help you with your sight question, but I do have a question for you. I am thinking about purchasing that exact one, how do you like that model of Buck Mark? Are the grips removable? I'd like to be able to put some wood grips on it? Whats the trigger weight on it? Sorry for so many questions, but thats a beautiful pistol. Again, sorry i can't help you with your question.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
silentknight

silentknight, I love mine, its had a little trouble shooting the rem. thunderbolts, but im shooting the cheap federal hollowpoints from walmart and its not having neprobs. The only things i dont like about this gun compared to my ruger is that there are no upgrades expect a trigger job(which I would never due because its already light enough) and better sights. Im not sure about the weight in pound in the trigger pull, but its light enough and short enough that you wouldnt have ne problems. It does have removable grips. I broke mine all the way down the day I got it and clean it good before I started shooting, cause there were a few metal shavings in there from the factory. Overall I like it better than my ruger mk3 hunter, cause of the triger and the way it feels in my hand, but then again I do like the sights on my ruger better, just easier to pick up.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
i dont know how they mounted the front sight on the contour, but on my 5.5 target, there is a set screw in the front of the barrel rib. undo the set screw and spin out the sight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nah I sure mine dont have a screw, are you talking about that little pin in it, It looks like you would have to punch it out with something, but before I do that I wanted to find out if that is right or not. I can get the back sight on mine off, its just the front one Im having problems with

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
lintonm704 said:
I can't seem to figure out the Iron sights on this thing, and I was wondering if nebody had upgraded there front sight to a HiVis sight...but I was wanting to find out if you had to drill a new whole to put the screw in on the new sight, and how do I get the pin out of the stock barrel rail?
Dude, I had the exact same question when I put the Hi-Viz front sight on mine. There should be one pin hole in front and one screw hole on the back for the Hi-Viz Mount. The barrel has matching holes. The pin can just pull out from the hole. The pin comes with the pistol, not the Hi-Viz mount.

How I found this out is that I put on the Hi-Viz sight then wanted to try it on my Ruger, since the 22/45 and MKII take the exact Hi-Viz sight as the Buckmark. The sight had the pin stuck in it and there isn't a second pin hole in the Ruger. The pin came out of the Hi-Viz sight mount easy enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh ok, but how did you get the small pin out? I dont have a punch that small or nething strong enough to push it out?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
lintonm704 said:
Oh ok, but how did you get the small pin out? I dont have a punch that small or nething strong enough to push it out?
Getting the post out of the original mount base was not a problem. It was the fact that it got stuck in the new Hi-Viz base that was my problem. I just pulled it out. The post just sits in the original blade sight base and should be removable with a pair of needlenose pliers. The post is just a small, removable pin and is not secured. It is the screw that holds the mount in place and the post just adds lateral stability. I didn't have any problems getting the post out and moving it around, once I figured out how it worked. Since I don't know where it is stuck, I can't give you any more advice than that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts