Buehler Maynard P Inc

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by FourZeroFour, Nov 23, 2007.

1. FourZeroFour

FourZeroFour G&G Newbie

My dad wants to know about a 1963 Buehler Maynard P Inc rifle. He says it has a model number of 5393 and it was made in Orinda, CA and says "Custom for Clark" or something. Can anyone give me any information about this company or particular gun? He says someone is selling one for $1,000USD and wanted to know if this is a good deal. All help is appreciated! Thanks

2. gunney_m

gunney_m Suspended

Sorry man im a handgunner, Welcome To G&G.

3. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

M.P. Buehler has been in business a long time and he holds patents on mounts, etc. It is hard to say what a particular gun is worth without knowing the action, barrel, caliber, wood, engravings, etc....
    We Need more Input...
    MAYNARD P BUEHLER INC, 925-254-3201. 17 Orinda Way Orinda, CA 94563 ...5.9MI from Oakland.
    Rich

4. squawk7500

squawk7500 G&G Newbie

Maynard P. Buehler Inc.

I am Maynard Buehler's grandson... to my knowledge, my grandfather never actually "made" any type of firearms. He was a brilliant designer of scope mounts and other attachments for them. He did occasionally do custom work for clients, modifying their firearms and such.

So, I am not sure what type of rifle your father has, but if it has my grandfather's name on it, he probably supplied a custom change to it, or simply stamped his name and manufacture city on it. (I used to help him do that!)

Good luck to you and your father!

Let me know if you need any more help. My grandfather died in 2005, but his GM (Robert Ray) still goes to the office and fields calls with regard to the company and stock.

~Albert Bradley:werd:

5. Aussie Hunter

Aussie Hunter G&G Newbie

Buehler Scope Mounts

To Squark 7500 I live in Australia and have a buehler mount on a custom .308 Norma Mag.as I am now 65 and my eyes getting weaker decided to upgrade the 7.5x Leupold I had on the rifle to something with a bit more power. The scope had been on the rifle for over 30 years and when removing it I found the tiny little screw on the base of the front mount broken, any idea where I could get a replacement.Sorry to hear that your Grandfather had died he made really goog gear!!

6. Purdy

Purdy G&G Evangelist

Squawk7500, sorry to hear of Maynard's passing. I have a cigar box full of his rings and bases I have used over the many years. They are things of beauty, the best rings anywhere. I recall his adds in the Rifleman showing his rings on Roy Weatherby's rifles.

7. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder G&G Newbie

Welcome to the forum squawk7500. Your grandfather well always be part of American firearms history. He designed and manufactured some excellent scope mounts and rings.

fourzerofour, if you can post some photo's you may get some better replies as to the value of your dads rifle.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted