Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did this one for a friend who happens to be an African PH in Tanzania.
Do to the Cite treaty laws I wasnt confident that the Zebra inlay sheath would be simple to fly in and out of the country so I made him a working sheath to go along with it. The Zebra inlay is the sheath some of you know I was told from a very well known sheathmaker was impossible to make do to hair on hide. I went ahead and couldnt make it and there it is.
I was going to an 1900`s safari look as his Double rifle is an English rifle from that time period which he still uses as a Professional Hunter.

Blade:Forged W2 high carbon steel
Handle: AAA Grade Ambonya Burl
Fittings:Stacked Nickle Silver
Sheaths: Hand sewn Inlayed Zebra Hide

Due to cites treaty I was afraid of flying in and out of country with the Zebra hide so I made a Tiger striped working sheath I threw in. Both are High ride carry pouch style. I was going to a 1900`s turn of the century safari antique sort of look with the inlaid Zebra and still be very functional..

To view entire Photo album of this knife click here
Photos in sdcb27's 'Phil L Knife' album

Attachments

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
A beauty! A functional piece of art. Well done.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Awesome work Romey! Is the Ambonya Burl an African hardwood?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks. Ambonya is a SE Asian burl but also found in Tanzania which was part of the theme for my friend as he is a dangeroud game PH in the Selous

I actually last night finished a Mule deer handled knife with damascus guard and buttcap that is really a special one. Its for sale to open public which is rare for me to do as most I do are make specifically for a custom order. Ill post some pictures of it this weekend and if your interested lemme know,I can build a sheath and get it some someone by rifle season opener I would think.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Truly impressive and beautiful works. It looks too nice to use, but of course, it will be the one that lasts the longest! Well done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts