close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bulk ammo for .303

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Firemedic, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Where is the best place to get bulk quanities of decent practice/range ammo for my SMLE III* at good prices?

2. Wiley455

Wiley455 G&G Newbie

Hey Fire, best 303 I've been getting is the Sellior & Bellot stuff. I don't remember the name of the wholesaler but they advertise in the Shotgun News and Gun List. If I remember right I paid around 80 bucks for 500 rounds. Wish I could remember the name of the place, they were out of New York.

3. stew71

stew71 G&G Newbie

Bulk .303

Ammoman.com and cheaperthandirt.com have some good prices on .303. I bought 300 rds of South African 303 from CTD and have been very happy with it. Clean, reloadable, and accurate. Early 80's vintage I think.

4. Mico

Mico G&G Newbie

I bought some of the South African stuff on Gunbroker.Com from Fred and Denise. Their username is mp5 or mp-5, they have great prices and are a joy to deal with.

The stuff is mildly corrosive. Sounds like what stew71 is referring to.

5. PeteInSA

PeteInSA G&G Newbie

Bulk .303 Ammo

try www.aimsurplus.com They usually sell 50 round bx for $7.95 or $7.00 if you buy more than 20 bxs.

6. Hans R Colt

Hans R Colt G&G Newbie

I swear by that South African .303! I get mine from cheaperthandirt.com; the prices are ok, not much more for the stuff even if I could get it locally, what with sales tax and the store owner's markup.

This stuff is supposed to be their equivalent of Mk VII ball, but it is much more accurate...I've been able to consistently hit a metal deer's head and neck area with it at 700 yards(no misses).

I tried some old cordite Mk VII at the same target, I could only manage a 2' group.