Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.
really quick question for any of you. Where can i find a bull barrel in 25-06 for my savage model 110E? Price doesn't matter to much but i dom't really want it custom built or anything. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sorry I can't give you any help but I am curious why you want a bull bbl for a 110. Thats going to be one heavy sucker to tote.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's going to be my project rifle. It's a 30-06 currently and i want to make it a 25-06 varmit/coyote rifle. I plain to take the 30-06 barrel off replace it with the 25-06 bull barrel (if i can find one) replace the factory stock with a aftermarket stock, bed the action, and do a trigger job to it. It shoots real tight right now factory so i can only imagine what all the work will do to it.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
It might be possible to buy one that way. I think Savage is one of the only companies that does long action bull barrels. They're the only bull barrel 30-06 that I knwo of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just registered and barged in here. Doesn't the 110E have that nice "Accutrigger"? [That might be good enough (?)] I just picked up a 110E at live auction - trigger has NO creep and NO overtravel. The .30-06 barrel is marked "110E - Series K" - what does that mean? OBTW, my Savage 340 in .22 Hornet (bought new 1953) is the most accurate out-of-the-box I've ever handled; Savage greatly under-rated!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts