bullet art

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by john2393, Sep 8, 2010.

1. john2393

john2393 G&G Newbie

Hey all.
    I was bored and got creative. Check these out. Lemme kno what you think.
    Maybe like that alphabet game you guys can come up with your own. Or maybe its late n I'm acting weird! These are all done with .44 mags, and .44 spls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

I'm thinking of that song "to much time on my hands" lol.

nice work though

3. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Very Creative!!! I like it! What I think is that if you deactivated the shells, attached them together and mounted them on a stand or plaque of some kind, you could sell a few of those at gun shows and arts and crud shows!

4. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Does your keeper let you play with live bullets often? ,,,sam.

5. Very cool. :sasmokin:

I'm with Tex, I think you could sell several at gun shows. I'll bet a Gadsden-themed one would be very popular!

6. john2393

john2393 G&G Newbie

Thanks.
    Yes Pallidin, I have WAY too much time on my hands. I ran out of oil paint. My Wife is sick. She has to have a hysterectomy on Thurs morning. So she goes to bed early. Plus were moving BACK to Michigan as soon as she's up and around and can drive. Plus I'm starting my own business with a friend of mine when I get there. (Lots on my mind) and oil painting or even drawing with charcoal calms me. And... since I'm out of charcoal and paint, well...

But I never thought to permanently affix dead rounds to wood and sell them at gun shows. It'd probably be a first!

7. john2393

john2393 G&G Newbie

Btw, don't yell at me, but what is "Gadsen"?

8. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Looks pretty cool to me. Also looks like you need another hobby. :)

9. john2393

john2393 G&G Newbie

Yeah I can be a little "out there" to some I suppose. And this MAY BE my new hobby. I'm probably one of the most liberal gun owners most have met. I pretty much left wing "pro choice" accross the board. But I don't do well with labels.

Actually my bullets were sitting there on the floor, and I saw a pattern, and for some reason that scene from that 80's movie "Labyrinth" came to my mind, the scene where the girl falls into the pit andd all those hands started forming different faces and talking to her. If you've seen the movie you know, if you haven't, then I can't write enough here to describe it to you, but I thought "hey why not bullets, that would look cool" and then I thought "hey the normal world doesn't typically associate BULLETS with ART. BUUUUTT my buddies on my chat site might dig this. And "viola" a new art medium is born to me. Maybe I will take this a little further and take them to gun shows. Or art shows, or gun and art shows. LOL.

OR maybe ill just keep it to myself. Anyhow. We get so many "which bullets stronger" or "which gun is better" posts (and there is NOTHING wrong with that, that's what were here for) but I thought id throw a new one in there. Remember; I'm a Boat-rocker by nature!

10. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

It's Gadsden! Takes an ol'fa*t to get you younguns straight.Good luck with your new interprise. ,,,Gadsden Flag: Don't Tread on Me ,,,sam.

11. Jennifer Connely is hot! weird movie with David Bowie and looks like drugged out muppets. Cool bullet pictures anywway I like the mix of brass and aluminum cases!

12. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

Mix in some brass and nickel cases, lead and jacket bullets, make some different pics and you may put your business aside and do art for a living.

I'm picturing a Detroit skyline made with bullets. It would be artistic and also send a political message about the gangbangers and others of that type seemingly running rampant in some of our cities. Mix in some 9s, 380s, .38s, and .357s, too. Heck, just about any brass cases would serve, even .22s and bottlenecks to help shape the sides of some taller buildings.

A guy I taught with in Muskegon made a lot of money in summer by selling small town street scenes he made by sticking small pieces of wood on a larger background piece. Since you already have some experience with art, I would definitely go for it. And while you might try gun shows at first, I think you'll find an audience at small town art shows, too.

Remember, I get a commission on any cityscapes you sell! Hmmm, you could punch out the primers of some rounds and backlight the thing so they look like windows at night.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  13. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

Trogdoooooorr!!!!!

14. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

John my prayers are with you and your wife for the surgery and the move. I would love to see some of your oil paintings and sketchings. I used to draw but haven't done it in a few years. I was never really good at it but like you said it calms you and that's what I enjoy about it. Good luck on your endeavors. Sorry you have to move back to MI. I lived in Holland MI for awhile and am glad that's over with lol.

15. john2393

john2393 G&G Newbie

Thanks about my wife. She had the surgery yesterday and it went very well. And I packed all my paintings already. Oh wait I have some photoshopped wallpapers (cell phn wallpapers) I made for a few buddies. Ill post them in a minute

16. john2393

john2393 G&G Newbie

Remember palladin: you asked!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There's a few. And these are just ink on paper. Oil gives a much broader scope of detail and depth, so does pastels. And my oil paintings aren't normally as cartooney. They have a lot more realism to them.

But I like the way the bullets form and it looks like individual strokes like VanGough used to use.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  17. john2393

john2393 G&G Newbie

Oh and sorry Sam... I never heard that flag referred to as the "gladsen flag" I know what you are talking about.

And about MI? I grew up in michigan. I can't wait to get back. I sent the bullet pieces to my father in law in houghton lake MI, he said he knows a bunch of his buddies that liked them! THANK GOD FOR RED-NECKS! Gotta love northern michigan!

18. Kyl63

Kyl63 G&G Newbie

Someone beat me to it, but....

TROGDORRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

19. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Michigan has lots of really good hunting and fishing and if you desire you can spend about all of your time in the outdoors doing something.Mich.is really blessed with good outdoor activities and varmint hunting/fishing is all year long.However,having moved around a lot and lived in several states I have found that all states have good outdoor activities and sometimes it is camera only,but still I feel blessed to just be out there.Many countries you virtually have nothing you can do in the hunting/fishing field.I really feel blessed no matter where I am in the good ol' U.S. of A. ,,,sam.