Burglars downstairs -- where's my gun?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related News' started by GGReporter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. GGReporter

GGReporter Moderator

In light of the double murder in a prominent California city where two 16 year old thugs with baseball bat and knife bludgeoned an elderly couple to death after first robbing them in the hopes of acquiring more money for their frequent marijuana usage, I wonder if this tragedy may have been avoided had the victims used a gun to protect themselves. Many crime victims also are victims to our society's undying trust that if we are law abiding, others around us will be also, and those who are not will be dealt with swiftly by law enforcement. Such is naive, impossible and a great American myth.

More...

2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    Excellent Article!!!!!!

He was too kind in calling the no-gun-for-self-defense crowd just naive.

3. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

I love when my hometown makes the national media for bad things that happen. Seems to happen a lot.

On another note, I don't know that a gun would have saved these folks. I believe that they were still asleep up until the point they were attacked.

On yet another note, it makes me completly, utterly and totally sick to hear these two pukes whine about their punishments. One had the gall to complain that a youth pastor should not have turned them in because of his position. Well, buddy, if you had stolen a candy bar he might not have turned you in. But you bludgeoned a couple of upstanding elderly folks to death in their own bed. Bad things tend to happen to folks who do that!

OK, rant off.

4. sprale

sprale G&G Newbie

I'm trying to figure out how frequent marijuana usage can realistically be tied to violent crime. Frequent marijuana users are almost always a sedate bunch who have a tough time getting off the couch to do anything. When they run out of drugs, violent crime is not a typical method for getting more. Drunks and heavy drug users are more likely to commit crimes like this. Potheads are just too lazy.