close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BUSH yea or nea

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SPOCAHP ANAR, May 8, 2002.

How you think Bush is doing

1. Outstanding-fully upholds all my views.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Good job-compromises where he has to, but so does everyone.

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. The lesser of two evils. Will vote for him over any Democrat candidate.

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Generally concerned about his compromising with liberals. May not vote for him again.

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. Disgusted with his lack of respect for the constitution. The man is no conservative!

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Post your thoughts on the current president. Participate in the poll.

2. SPOCAHP ANAR

Bush

The first year I would have given him a 100% but lately he has just started giving the farm away.

Tax refund for victims of 9/11 - goes against equal protection under the law
    CFR - anti first amendment
    Steel tariffs- corporate welfare
    Unarmed Pilots-giving in to HCI

Maybe he's waiting for re election to really put the pan to the fire, but I am not feeling good about this giveaway program he is running.

3. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Personally, I don't trust any politician, including the current president. Some are worse than others so it's a matter of degree. I suppose I'd give G.W.Bush no better than a 3 on a scale of 1-10.

Guess that makes my vote a nay.

Oxford:fuss:

Last edited: May 8, 2002
  4. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

Oxford,

What recent (within our lifetime) president would you rate a 10?

You may need to recalibrate your scale. I agree that we could do better; a darn sight better. This may be the best we can expect at this time, though, all things considered.

5. I went with the lesser of 2 evils. He hasn't hurt us much but I think of the alternative Al Gored

6. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    yup,
    klinton was 8 years of my life wasted in political hell. shamed me to call him boss.

7. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Response to BenP's question

None of them would get a 10.

From my viewpoint president's get elected to the "oval office" and then forget about the lower and middle income voters on their way to exerting their newfound power, wealth and influence.

In my lifetime, which goes back quite a ways, I'd have to give Truman my highest rating and that would only be about a 4 or 5. At the time he was president he wasn't thought of very well but I believe history has proven him to have been one of the best.

I know that he was a democrat but I've always ignored their handles and voted for who I thought had the best track record. Their platforms don't mean much to me because they're only saying what it takes to get elected. Then they find ways to break their promises.:nod:

8. SPOCAHP ANAR

Ben's ?

I am only 30 so I don't have a whole lot to go on. Probably Regan the whole cold war thing. I remember sitting in 4th grade watching that plane take off as he was sworn in. Said volumes to me. Maybe I would not look upon him the same way had I been older, but to a young kid he looked like superman in my eyes. I also remember watching the adresses he used to give talking about the Soviet build up compared to our forces.

9. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I'll agree that we've not had a quality president in our lifetime like the kind that really built this nation.

Truman was okay. He was a pretty regular Joe, which chapped a lot of the uppercrust, but he was loved by the common folk. I would fault him, though, for what he did in Korea and to MacArthur (although I think Mac was just a little insane, too). His Korean policy of limited war set the stage for Johnson's failure in Vietnam. I think he did what he did because pushing the button on Hiroshima and Nagasaki really left a bad taste in his mouth, and he lost the desire to win at any cost.

As for Reagan, he certainly was charismatic, wasn't he. He seemed larger than life, which is a tribute to his acting ability. He gets credit for breaking Mother Russia and freeing Europe to start another war (Bosnia). Too bad he sold us out to the Dems on a regular basis. Now his daughter's playboy spread, that was something! Her nipples were huge!

10. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    Well, I just have to say, I got a good laugh out of that. I always get a kick out of it when someone uses the term "mother Russia".
    And the thing about his daughter was, well, interesting...:D

-Tim

11. Fred Vetter

Fred Vetter G&G Newbie

George Bush is a bad joke,and so was Klinton,but at least with
    Klinton the unemployment rate was a lot lower.

12. SPOCAHP ANAR

The Economy

As much as I have to say about GW that I don't like I am not going to blame the economy on him. It started heading south b4 your buddy Klinton left office and really hit bottom when 9/11 hit.

13. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Bush is not a joke. The only thing wrong with him is that he still tries to get along with the lying scumbag Dems.

14. Fred Vetter

Fred Vetter G&G Newbie

LMAO,the whole WASHINGTON gang is a bad joke,and we the people are the ones its being played on.

15. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Bush, instead of kicking some a&& over 9/11 we would have just launched a couple of Tomahwk missiles and been done with it if the other guy had won. And, we would be knee-deep in the fight over gun control now. That was one of his key issues. Good Shooting! Eric

16. Fred Vetter

Fred Vetter G&G Newbie

Now we don't know for sure what the other guy would do.

17. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Why and how the military salutes president Bush

Why and How the Military Salutes President Bush

Have you noticed a difference in the salute given by our military men and women as President Bush walks by? Most folks would not notice anything, but military people see it right away. Watch: when President Bush leaves his helicopter or Air Force One, the honor guards salute and face him as he disembarks, then turn their faces towards him as he passes by. They continue to salute his back as he walks away. This kind of salute has not been seen in the previous eight years, though it is customary courtesy to the Commander-in-Chief.

You see, soldiers aren't required to turn and face the President as they salute. They are not required to salute his back. They are only required to salute. They can remain face-forward the entire time. And that is what they did during Bill Clinton's entire Presidency. Our soldiers were forced to obey Clinton's orders, but they were not forced to respect him. From their salutes, we can surmise that they did not. Why is such respect afforded to President Bush? He doesn't even know how to bite his lower lip and he gets teary-eyed whenever he speaks!

The following incident from Major General Van Antwerp may give us an insight. Gen. Antwerp is president of the Officers' Christian Fellowship. He lost nearly all his staff when the Pentagon was attacked Sept.11. His executive officer LTC Brian Birdwell was badly burned and in the hospital when President Bush visited him. Our President spent time and prayed with Brian. As he was getting ready to leave, he went to the foot of Brian's bed and saluted. He held his salute until Brian was able to raise his burned and bandaged arm, ever so slowly, in return. The Commander-in-Chief never initiates a salute, except in the case of a Congressional Medal of Honor winner. The injured soldier did not have to return the salute. But he did, out of respect to his President - a Soldiers'President.

Congressman JC Watts (R. Oklahoma) said, "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking. In this time of war and danger, I am so grateful to have a President whom the soldiers salute - fully."

On Special Report with Brit Hume, at the close of the show when they normally have some funny video clip, they showed President Bush and the First Lady on their way to Marine One to leave for Camp David for the weekend. As the video starts, the First Lady is leading the way into the helicopter with the spaniel dog on the leash, and the president is right behind her with the Scottie on the leash. As the First Lady entered the chopper, the Marine at the gangway saluted and held his salute. The Scottie the President was walking decided it wanted to squat right when he got to the steps. The President pulled on its' leash, but the stubborn Scottie persisted in squatting. The President bent down and scooped up the pooch and entered Marine One. After he entered, the Marine cut his salute and returned to the position of attention. Moments later the president reemerged from the helicopter and out onto the steps. The Marine was standing at attention, head and eyes straight ahead. The president leaned over and tapped him on the left arm. The startled Marine turned his body toward the president and received his returned salute!

I was so impressed by this true act of respect for our military people by our President! He really does get it. Most any other person of his stature would have just continued his journey, disregarding the neglected return salute. Not George W. Bush. He is earning the respect of the military community, not expecting it - as most would.
    :nod:

18. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I think Bush is the best we have had in quite a while,I don't mind calling him President,the last POS was a total embarresment!
    I am not totally pleased with him,but the show is not over yet.
    On a scale of one to ten I would rate him an 8 at this time,the rating is subject to change at any time.
    :nod: :nod: :nod: :cool:

19. I don't think GW is the best president we have ever had,but he is leaps and bounds above the last 8 years. As for the economy, you can thank slick willie for that. On my scale:

10. Theodore Roosevelt
    5. Ronald Reagan
    1. Millard Filmore
    0. Bill Clinton

I would put GW in the 2-3 range.