Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a Bushmaster AR-15 today for my son.
Modeled after the M-4. The first thing to go on this gun is the pistol grip.
Would yall please recomend a better aftermarket grip and where to buy it.

This rifle has a hand rail so he also needs your reccomendations on a scope mounting system for it.

He will also need a scope, to me a short style one would look better on it,

Last but not least would someone tell me how to revive my wife, she just fainted when I told her how much I paid for this gun.

Thank you very much...I got to go fetch a bucket of water...A.H

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Bucket of water

Check out midway on the electronic scope by Sightron. 2 bills. I saw a laser forearm grip today for 339.00. Better get two buckets for the second fainting. AR baby, did you hear that Obama?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Hogue Grips are nice. I have 1 complete bushmaster and am in the process of building another. I also got another grip for my other one I am building, but forget the name. I'll let ya know if I head over to the shop again tomorrow. It is pretty nice, but there is a bulge for proper index finger location. Probably not good for a kid with smaller hands, unless he is like 16y.o.+. But, I have always loved Hogue Grips:

Getgrip Online Store

Vertical foregrips are nice. I buy them locally, but here is a nice one (don't know about the vendor though):
AR-15 Vertical Foregrip

EPOCH scopes are nice, but I don't know how much you want to spend.

Whenever you buy a new rifle, if you are married, always buy a nice pair of ear rings or necklace to go along with it for your wife...eases the pain: "Honey, I know bought this rifle, but I know you are a loving wife who would understand, and I just wanted to thank you with this small token of love."

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My son and i looked at the Hogue grips and they are nice, yall keep it comeing fellers.

Crazy Ivan them ear rings and diamonds quit working a long time ago, maybe I need to take her on a 2nd Honey Moon...NAW never mind that, I think of sumpin else !

·
Registered
4,274 Posts

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
i have a hogue on my m4 and i love it i just need a fore grip now and a light . but i recomend the hogue it's cheap and it does the job. plus it looks nice and still fits in the gun case.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
JAC.. lefty o was right there is a lot of grips out there. It'll be what my son likes but I like the Hogue and I just looked at the site you posted and the Tango Down Battle Grip is to my likeing and the SAW Style...Thanks JAC

Hey tommy go to the last site in just a car's post and check out the TANGO DOWN
Battle Grip and tell me what you think...A.H

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
JAC.. lefty o was right there is a lot of grips out there. It'll be what my son likes but I like the Hogue and I just looked at the site you posted and the Tango Down Battle Grip is to my likeing and the SAW Style...Thanks JAC
Anytime, AH! :wink1:

I think I got hooked on palm-shelf styles after falling in love with the H&K PSG-1. My world will never be the same... *sigh*

Edit: Oh, and the fact that most of the grips they offer are less than $100 makes me rather happy... even their Walnut palm-shelf grips for the CETME are under $100!

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
WHY arnt you in school today....LOL
Who? Me?... I don't start back to University until the 26th of September for Autumn quarter. Right now, it's almost 7am and I'm about to go to bed. I become a night-owl when not working or schooling.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Buy a Magpul MIAD grip. Best grip IMO for the money. You can customize it to fit your hand since it's got 6(if I remember right) different front/rear pieces for a near perfect fit depending on your hand size.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hey Pred, have you see the new CAA Israeli Commando pistol grip? I am going to get rid of my MIAD and get it. Check it out. CAA is where it is at.
http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=155&cID=43

A.H.,
There are so many different optics to go on an AR. What are you planning on doing with the rifle and what is your budget? I have this one on order, I can tell you what it is like soon.
MidwayUSA - Barska Huntermaster Pro Scope 1.5-6x 42mm Illuminated 30-30 Reticle Matte

This is the mount I have for it.CAA all the way!
AIM Command Arms Dual Scope Ring Rail Mount Command Arms Dual Scope Ring Rail Mount

·
Banned
14 Posts
CAA G27 grip. I tried out a few and this one is the most comfortable. I have four army buddies who each bought one for their rifles after fondling mine.
And yeah, its more comfortable than Hogue. Below is a pic of my rifle with a G27 grip on it:

Here are a couple places you can get a grip for a good price:
Search Results : YourCornerStore

XDPistols.com: CAA G27 M16/AR15 PSTL GRIP BLK

I bought a Bushmaster AR-15 today for my son.
Modeled after the M-4. The first thing to go on this gun is the pistol grip.
Would yall please recomend a better aftermarket grip and where to buy it.

This rifle has a hand rail so he also needs your reccomendations on a scope mounting system for it.

He will also need a scope, to me a short style one would look better on it,

Last but not least would someone tell me how to revive my wife, she just fainted when I told her how much I paid for this gun.

Thank you very much...I got to go fetch a bucket of water...A.H

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man OH Man those CAA grips ROCK !!! I bought the gun as a gift for my son, who was planning to pay for it himself until my wife and I decided to buy it for him.
Truthfully he is pretty well off for a young man thats 25 years old so I suspect he'll probably spend a lot of his money on this rifle.
Before he went to bed last night he said something about doing something to the forearm. I really could'nt hear him, but i do know it will get some kind of sight system upgrade.
Where yall will know when this kid graduated from High School in 2000 he was in college 2 weeks later...he never looked back and went to college during the summers.
He started teaching High school science(s), Chemistry, Anatomy at AGE 20 !!!!!!!!!
He also took class at night here at home to be an EMT and then Paramedic and Geolgy, criminal science and God only knows what else...Now he's a PIG (cop) lmao
His goal is to be a park ranger because of his qualifications and then move up to a Park Superintendant and retire someday...A.H

1 - 20 of 23 Posts