Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am buying my first handgun and I've decided on a Ruger P95. The shop that I will be buying from has several options and I'm hoping for some advice to help me make my choice. Since I'm new to handguns I wanted some opinions on if I should go with the manual safety or the decocker model. Also, is the stainless worth the extra $$$ over the blued? I'll take any and all advice! Thanks. :feedback:

·
Wonderment :)
33,490 Posts
khahn: Sir; congratulations:) Rugers will serve you well.
As to de-cocker versus the manual safety. Either or. Plus's to the manual; you know when it is on or off. 'brain engaged' with either you have to pay attention to "safe"
Stainless is said to take less work? I have stainless and blue. I prefer blue:) in some and stainless in others. Shiny looks good to one crowd while the blue users ? just a matter of want in the end. [rambled to the same]
Ruger are strong good units; with a history of outliving most. Keep it clean; keep it safe; you'll enjoy yourself. :)
Follow up when you can with your decisions..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, gentlemen, for your advice. The video was very helpful. I've decided on the p95dc with the blue finish. I like the looks of the stainless better but I just can't justify the extra $50 when it seems the blue will hold up just as well as long as it's well cared for. Thanks again... and, actually, it's ma'am. :)

·
33,490 Posts
khahn79: well Ma'am I did exactly the same thing to the "SuckLead" wasn't able to put a skirt to khahn;
nor the "SuckLead"
The southern boy will show his raisin; Ma'am it is.:)
Had you not chosen the 'blue' one I definitely would have been disappointed. :)
Take and post some pictures of the "blue" one:)

·
Registered
310 Posts
i havent really gotten into the stainless look, i like a matte black or od. i like a military look haha, as it should be. i am going into the marines in two years

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
khahn79: well Ma'am I did exactly the same thing to the "SuckLead" wasn't able to put a skirt to khahn;
nor the "SuckLead"
The southern boy will show his raisin; Ma'am it is.:)
Had you not chosen the 'blue' one I definitely would have been disappointed. :)
Take and post some pictures of the "blue" one:)
No offense taken. :) I will take pics and post them. I'm in IL so gotta wait the 72 hrs to take possession of it so will post 'em when I get it.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Damn good gun: got mine for $350 realy used and never jammed. When I took it apart I discovered it has never been cleaned, it was very neglected and fired every time, didn't clean it till I fired it first. Ruger I meant, mine is a p89.

·
33,490 Posts
Ma'am

72 hours:hitwithrock: now imagine giving a child a piece of candy and telling them to wait until day after the morrow to eat:bigeyes:it. Waaaaaah:34:
That sucks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Waaaah is right! :sad2: I can't wait to go pick it up. I'm like a kid at Christmas... my husband is too. For some strange reason, he seems to have this idea that I'm going to share MY new toy. I told him when I "outgrow" this one, he can have my hand-me-downs. :09:

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Waaaah is right! :sad2: I can't wait to go pick it up. I'm like a kid at Christmas... my husband is too. For some strange reason, he seems to have this idea that I'm going to share MY new toy. I told him when I "outgrow" this one, he can have my hand-me-downs. :09:
Your Husband is Lucky that there is a chance....
I can't get a Hand-me -down from My Little Woman...
I have to Buy em from her same as everybody else !!!
Rich

Oh, and 72 hour wait is really silly when the Feds can give the OK over the Phone Immediately...10 minutes Tops if the person has a clean record...
God I love Alaska!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, and 72 hour wait is really silly when the Feds can give the OK over the Phone Immediately...10 minutes Tops if the person has a clean record...
God I love Alaska!
Yes, the 72 hr wait is CRAZY. We already have to have a firearms owner id (that you wait 1-2 months for) so the waiting period is like "double dipping".

Re: Alaska... my sister was stationed at Eilson AFB for 8 yrs and I got to visit her a couple of times. It is wonderful! I'd love to return sometime.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Congratulations on your choice, Ma'am. Welcome to G&G. Hope you enjoy the site and your new pistol. And yes, the waiting period is terrible.

·
33,490 Posts
times up

khahn79: Ma'am your 72hrs should about be up.:bigeyes:
Now what was the first thing you were to do:34:
Now I wasn't thinking about powdering your nose

Need some reports Ma'am. :)
Ma'am:34: now if the "Hubby" wants one:kiss: and say "this one is mine". Tell we said it would be okay
TO GET HIS OWN:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pics...finally!

Sorry this took so long to post... my memory card reader was malfunctioning. Here's the links to "baby's first pictures". :09: The first pic is of "the whole kit 'n cabodle" (P95DC, (2) 15 round clips, loader and trigger lock). I think I got a great deal for $320-that includes tax and the background check fee. Can't wait to take her out to the range tomorrow afternoon and see how she fires! I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for all the advise. That video sure was a big help, especially since I followed the link and found another video made by the same man showing how to field strip and clean this model. I'm more of a visual learner so that was great! Very easy to disassemble and reassemble. So far I'm very pleased with my purchase.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee180/khahn_79/100_1958.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee180/khahn_79/100_1947.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee180/khahn_79/100_1952.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee180/khahn_79/100_1954.jpg

(Hope I added those links correctly. This is my first attempt at doing so on this forum.) :34:

Thanks,
Kerri

·
33,490 Posts
hot

khahn: Ma'am; you should be 'hot to trot':)
Your pictures turned out good. Now for some 'grandpa' advice:bigeyes: Feed that "baby" good:)
and do pass on your experiences.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
i love it when i buy a new gun and they give you the whole "play set"!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts