Bye, Bye Baseball Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Marine1, May 14, 2008.

1. Marine1

Marine1 Guest

Bonds charged with 14 counts of lying, obstruction: (Should read (15) felony counts, to concur with the below article first paragraph as stated).

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Barry Bonds was charged in a new indictment Tuesday with 15 felony counts alleging he lied to a grand jury when he denied knowingly using performance-enhancing drugs use and that he hampered the federal government's doping investigation.

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB -

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

What is real sad to me is that young people look up to them as role models...:sad2:Not a very good example I would say.

3. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

How long has it been going on, and how many have done it? I no longer have any use for pro athletes, and would rather have my grandkids look up to military people, as their idols. This pro athletics crap is all out of proportion, to any good they might do the country.

4. AKHunter

AKHunter G&G Newbie

I hate cheaters, always have. Examples like this just encourage more to cheat. Far too many get away with it and with the massive amounts of money pro athletes make these days, it will continue. The risk and reward is worth it.

Bonds made multi millions, the SF Giants made even more off of him. If he does time in the pen ( I doubt he will) I don't think it will matter to anyone. So he doesn't go into the Hall of Fame, I can only hope that is what really hurts his EGO. That seems to be the only way to get to these guys, but after a little while he will remember all that money and a smile will return to his face as he lounges on his private island or whatever little haven he has created for himself.

I find cases and people like this absolutely disgusting.:throwup:

5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I agree with seabee. I wish Bonds could meet a real hero, and know his shame!

6. Lng Rng

Lng Rng G&G Newbie

I have given up on most of these "Hall of Fames." Their decisions are not based on who was the best, but on greed and ways to seek attention. I still don't like Bonds though.

7. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

So the guy was juicing. So were many others of the era, so it all balances out in my mind. Not that it makes it the right thing to do, just because "everyone's doing it".

It's in the past, now they just need to test in a way that will actually work and catch the offenders.

8. Marine1

Marine1 Guest

And...Pete Rose was "permanently banned", from the Hall, because he bet on his and other baseball games. Where is the justice here, if Bonds skates? "Illegal Performance Enhancement Drugs vs Betting on Games". Illegal is Illegal. Banned is Banned. (15) felony counts (if even convicted on one felony count)...is a criminal, banning offense. We will see.

9. Sad, sad , sad, . . . .

as there is just too much competition, too much pressure to be great, too much money, too many high profile agents, too much money for
    endorsements, and on and on in pro sports.

Bonds might have been truly great on his on but we will never know.
    If not truly great, he could have been a solid role model for a generation of young people.

He will live on in scandals such as the Black Sox world series sell out.

Sad, sad, sad :disappointed:

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  10. Marine1

Marine1 Guest

I absoultely agree...he will be no Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanilla, Hank Aaron, Willie McCovey, nor Ernie Banks, as a role model for the younger generations and those who follow afterwards..

11. Sins-of-Mosin

Sins-of-Mosin Guest

No way B*nds will make the Hall. Specially if he gets convicted.

12. sell33

sell33 G&G Enthusiast

Thats what gets me....Pete Rose deserves the hall as much as anyone out there and he can never get it becuase he bet on a few games, that is just ridiculous. I don't think Bonds should make it and his records should be scratched out of the books.

13. bigbuddy21

bigbuddy21 G&G Evangelist

+1 TOTALLY AGREE all of his records should be torn up and thrown away.

14. tippmann7

tippmann7 G&G Enthusiast

i said i was going to believe bonds until it was proven he used steriods...well now we know he did and now i can celebrate that the next home run king will be ALEX RODRIGUEZ!!...GO YANKEES

15. Say it ain't so Joe. I quit caring about baseball during the last strike. Spoiled prima donnas don't impress me. I'd much rather watch little league or college baseball.

16. sell33

sell33 G&G Enthusiast

Hmm can't say i am a yankees fan (AT ALL) but i do kinda like Arod and i don't think he used steroids at all so i can't wait to see him shatter Bonds' records.

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist

I was a big Mark McGuire fan. I was raised on the St. Louis Cardinals. My dad is from Alton, Illinois which was across the river from St. Louis. I still remember the players from 1967 & 1968. Still love my Cardinals!

18. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

After seeing him last summer (The day before he tied Aaron's record), I'm very happy to see him charged. I was sitting right behind his dugout, and he was a total jerk to the fans. Now, given we were in San Diego, he still was a jerk. Also, he was huge, I mean massive. Anyone that says he wasn't on roids, or is good for baseball doesn't really care about the sport.

19. tippmann7

tippmann7 G&G Enthusiast

im hopeing i can go to new york and see a game in yankee stadium because its the last year so hopefully arod will be off the DL....i want to see him homer, saw him once in cleveland no homers but the yankees won

20. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

I am a die hard baseball fan, but I think the sport needs an overhaul. I am tired of seeing the Yankees win the pennant every single freaking year and how their starting outfield payroll is like more than half the MLB's teams whole roster.

They need to shift to a business model more like the NFL.

A rod? Yeah LOL, that chump is really earning his hefty contract so far this season! Screw the Yankees!

Where is the competition in baseball if the same freaking teams make the playoffs every single year? They need to enforce salary caps and have profit sharing just like the NFL. You hardly see a legacy in the NFL like you do in baseball, which IMO, keeps it way more exciting.