Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember when Marshawn Lynch, running back for the Seattle Seahawks, was banned by the NFL from wearing gold cleats in the 2015 Super Bowl. The NFL threatened to eject Lynch from the Super Bowl if he showed up with his famous gold shoes. According to the NFL, players on the field are strictly limited to only wearing items “provided by an NFL authorized supplier.” So when you see “woke” political messages like these on players’ helmets, understand that they have been directly authorized by the NFL:

Along with “woke” headwear, the NFL recently announced it intends to play the “black national anthem” at all games, will “introduce more social justice messages on fields,” and will run “in-stadium public service announcements” to support woke causes. My how things have changed.

Placing the “black national anthem” on par with America’s real national anthem is pathetic. I’ll probably have the biggest laugh of my life if I see any player take a knee during the “black national anthem.” Talk about justice…

The NFL is literally becoming an advertising billboard for BLM. As you are hopefully aware, BLM is the racist movement that was founded by (in their words) “trained Marxists.” To advocate for an organization founded by Marxists, and to then advocate for that same organization on a helmet right next to the American flag, is revolting. It literally makes me want to puke.

NFL stands for “National” Football League. Just what “nation” do they think they represent? Exactly how does the NFL represent our “nation” with their BLM propaganda? That might represent a small subset of disgruntled complainers in our nation, but our nation as a whole? Absolutely not. It is the NFL no more. It has become the BFL.

As an organizational change consultant, my first step with clients is to pose a question in French: What is your raison d’être? “Raison d’être” (pronounced “ray-zone day-traw”) literally means reason for being. The point of the question is to force a client into telling me what is the reason for existence of his or her company, public agency, or nonprofit. What is its primary purpose? Not secondary or tertiary purposes, but its one, overriding primary reason for existence.

The point of asking that question is simple: once raison d’être has been identified, then actions needed to focus the organization on its primary purpose become clearer. It always amazes me how that one simple question enlightens clients as to steps needed to focus their respective organizations on improvements that really matter, and to stop wasting time and money on activities which do not support (and often undermine) their raison d’être.

The NFL is lost. It has completely lost sight of its raison d’être. Its reason for existence is not to be a billboard for woke politics. It is a sports league, pure and simple. The further it digresses from its reason for existence, and the more it advocates for woke politics, the more fans it will lose.

Proof: the NFL lost almost $4 billion last year compared to the 2019-20 season. Of course, like all the cheapie spokespeople out there, they claim that unprecedented loss was due to Covid-19. Yeah, right. Ask people you know. Ask them if they are watching NFL games as much as they used to. When they say no, ask them why not. The NFL can spout whatever propaganda they want, but the real truth is amongst us. Nobody wants sports to be tainted by politics. Let sports be sports and let politics be politics. The NFL is making a grave mistake by purposefully mixing the two. They have lost sight of their raison d’être, and they are losing fans as a result.

The NFL wants to shove woke politics down our throats? We reject their propaganda. The NFL can take its woke politics and shove it where the sun don’t shine. Bye Bye NFL.

·
Premium Member
21,782 Posts
Well put, Kellen. You’re much more eloquent with words than I.

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
Maybe they are using these names as a new sort of idiom.

See, the guy with "Breonna Taylor" on his helmet is just saying he wishes a woman would do his fighting for him.

The guy with "George Floyd" on his helmet is just saying that he has every intention of spending most of the game laying down in the middle of the field whining, possibly while OD-ing on drugs.

The one with the BLM helmet is just saying that he is a racist, and that if his team doesn't win he will probably loot some black-owned businesses.

I think these helmets should be expanded:

"Joe Biden" means that the player already has severe head injuries, dementia and memory loss.
"Kamala Harris" means the player plans on spending a lot of time lying on the bench or kneeling in the end zone.

·
Premium Member
Winchester, Colt 1911, S&W revolvers
387 Posts
I still watch all football (college and pro). I just enjoy it. A college team can have 100+ guys trying to win a game. I could care less if a few are complete idiots.

I go to Church (Christian). I'd say 10% of my Church Congregation are completely nuts. It's just the commie-dude and not his wife and great kids. Sometimes the dude is just a great guy with some weird anti-capitalist old ugly-lady who married him for his money. It happens (a lot).

I look forward to this fall when men get after men to win a football game. No one runs around in their shorts like in basketball and soccer.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
I quit the NFL over 16 years ago.
SuperBowl?
That is such a shameless advertising scheme, a real meat market, remember them pesky wardrobe malfunctions?
You end up watching hours in hopes some wierd 'Walmart moment to pop up'?🤔

Its all about the money.
After all if they made as much as a highschool custodian many wouldnt be there, neither would the sponsors and other money related dingle berries.

Its no longer about just two teams out on the field to see whos the best.
Not any more, its about the Money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts