close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

C&R Handguns in Michigan

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by bowser, Jun 5, 2002.

1. bowser

bowser G&G Newbie

Does anyone have any experience in Michigan with buying C&R pistols? My question is do you still need to get a purchase permit from the local PD?
    I've done alot of reading around online, and can't find anything other than C&R firearm discriptions.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I wouldn't think so but i live in Ohio. But my city does have bans on certain handguns ,some of which happen to be c&r guns and they require a hangun card to even have the ones that aren't banned. I have a c&r license and get my guns delivered right to my door. I have 3 handguns that are banned and have 9 total handguns and no handgun card. What they don't know won't hurt them!

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Things that screwed up in Toledo, Joe? Here in Dayton, they have a ban on any magazine holding more than 10 rounds. So far, there's no card here, but they are working on it. I used to live in Columbus, and talk about screwed up!! They passed a bill back in 1994 (thankfully that was ruled unconstitutional) that basically stated that if you knew someone with an "assault weapon" in their possesion, to call the police. The law was so goofy, it even stated that if you saw an "assault weapon" in someone's home while looking through through the window(!) that the police would still confiscate the weapon. Thankfully, the PRO and the NRA sued the city, and had the law overturned. But, a couple of years later, Columbus tried the same thing again, with a closed hearing, but, it too was struck down. Left up to Chief Jackson in Columbus, no one would be allowed to own any gun in the city limits. I've dealt with a Class 3 dealer for years, and he's told me that you could live anywhere else in the state of Ohio and be able to purchase a Class 3 weapon. Jackson won't sign anything, and anyone who lives in Columbus that wants a C&R FFL had just better go to his office in person, because they will stonewall you so bad about who's gotta sign it that most people just give up. I tried for six months to get ANYONE from Columbus PD to sign it, and all I got was the "Well, are you sure WE'RE supposed to? We think you have to go to the Highway Patrol, or maybe even the Township". I moved to Dayton shortly afterwards and had no problem getting the okay for my C&R here.
    Just goes to show that your tax money is invested wisely.....

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I do not know about C & R pistols, but I do know that Michigan honors CCW licenses from pretty much all the other states.

5. NRAJOE

Gee Calvin you just reminded me that there is also an assault rifle ban here in Toledo , which means i am also in violation of that ordinance with my Mini-14. That makes a total of 10 misdeminors that i would face in the city in our free land.

6. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

C&R licenses don't have to be signed by anyone other than you -- maybe I am missing something here

7. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I just looked at the warning on the back of my C&R license, and it states that you have to obey all State and Local laws regarding purchases with your license, which could very well mean that you'll have to get a permit. Check with the AG's office to find out for sure, Bowser. Better to be safe than sorry......

8. NRAJOE

Yeah mine says that too but I ain't gonna do it. What the big boys don't know won't hurt them. I'm against any type of registration of any type of firearm!