C & R questions

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by k8cca, Sep 26, 2002.

1. k8cca

k8cca G&G Newbie

Hey guys!

With this new Mosin-Nagant disease I have, got to thinking about getting a C & R FFL. Any pro's or con's before I send off my app and $30?

Thanks!

2. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Say HI to the nice BATF people for me! I, personally, prefer to pay a little extra to the local dealers than deal with those guys.

3. I concur with Klaus.

Also, the few extra minutes it takes to fill out the form each time I buy an oldie but goodie is no sweat to me.

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

ITS GOOD TO HAVE...............

one if you live in a mil/surp poor area. if the shops around you don't stock any it would be good, least you can get something you want to have. otherwise i agree with the fellers.:nod: ;)

5. k8cca

k8cca G&G Newbie

Yeah, nobody around here sells any of the old mil stuff. Thanks for the thoughts however.

6. PAPA G

let us know what your going to do:confused: :nod: :D

7. Doglips

Doglips Guest

I have the C&R and I (ME) dont see the big deal with ATF...not like they dont know you own firearms....you fill out the form...have the chief L/e in your area sign...send the $$ and in a few months get your C&R..DO NOT (NOT) Sign the origanal (says so on the lic)...send out signed copies to dealers you want to play with....I belive you save $$...mosins from SOG are $40-50 + 10 bucks shipping....shiped to your door. AS for the ATF will know you have firearms...its not like the insta check when you buy a firearm goes away as soon as they give the ok...Under the FFL 03 rules you have to keep a bound book (I use a compasion book) listing the firearms you purchas useing the C&R...atf can "inspect" ONLY the C&R stuff and they have to give you 24 hours notice....course if they want to inspect your stuff FFL or not it will probley be a 3am flash bang wakeup call and a bucnh of warrents..so no big deal to me.

8. Doglips,

What ruffles my feathers about the ATF and the C&R license is my thinking that it's a license no one should have to buy anyway.

All it is is a means of getting a few extra dollars they don't have to haggle with Congress on for appropriations. Money that someday may be used against us.

To me it's also just one more step down that path where everyone will need some sort of license, even to buy from local dealers. Then ammo will be next, so on and so on.

Then no license is needed because you can no longer buy firearms or ammo, period.

It may be a paranoid way of thinking but the govmint got me that way, :)

9. PAPA G

you broke the code Dale, its about money and control, simple as that. just another user tax, nothing more to help funds some faceless bureaucrat with a rubberstamp. i'm old enough to experienced pre-1968 GCA gun buying. see something in a magazine, send m.o., mailman delivers package, revel in the glory!!!:mad:

10. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    does the atf know you own guns-YES. so why not spend $30 get the license and save sales tax, and dealer markup for 3 yrs. i dont know about you guys but dealer markup around here is freakin' crazy. a c&r is definately on my list of things to do.

11. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I have a C&R and really dig getting guns brought right to my door. Quit being paranoid, they already know what you got anyways. I enjoy being able to get a Yugo SKS in excellent condition for $169 instead of paying Cabelas almost $400 for a Norinco. You can get to many good deals with a C&R to pass it up! :right:

12. Just made my first purchase using C&R. Bought the unissued Persian Mauser. Oh man, it's in great shape. New. Looks like a Remmington finnish on it except for a few storage dents.
    Saved a few bucks that way.

13. Indy

Indy G&G Newbie

I have had a C&R for about 2 years. You can buy some excellent firearms delivered right to your door. The list of firearms is large. There are several weapons that are included in the list that would surprise you. Some of the suppliers such as Midway, Brownells, and etc. offer a discount to license holders for their products.
    Indy

14. k8cca

k8cca G&G Newbie

Thanks for the input guys. I just wanted to hear some input both pro and con. I think I'll be getting one. It should make collecting easier.

THANKS!

15. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

I agree with NRAJoe on this. They already know what you have. so why not save yourself a little trouble and get a C&R?