California animal attacks

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by mitch_mckee, May 8, 2008.

1. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

Anyone noticed the recent attacks by coyotes and mountain lions in California?

California, land of restricted firearms and hunting?

Anyone else get the humor?

Does anyone care how many Californians get eaten by wild animals?

2. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Some of the best members of this forum are Californians, can't wait to hear their responses :D

3. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

Weel, ****, they ought to be out shooting coyotes!!! :angryfire:

4. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Is that even legal in Cali?

5. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

I think you are supposed to find their leader and negotiate a surrender.

6. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

You should never go into the mountains (camping,hiking) without a gun in CA!! No matter what the a** wipes say on capital hill:hitwithrock:....It's my life and I will protect myself and others..!!!

7. JohnBlaze

JohnBlaze Guest

you know what really pisses me off? Is that when an animal is getting overpopulated they pay some "professional" to come out and cull them, instead of selling tags and making money for the state. How smart is that? Instead of making money and making their citizens happy at the same time, they're paying some guy to just come out and shoot them and throw them away?

Recently there was an article on American Hunter about Yellowstone Park, and how the Park Service was going to hire hunters to come in and cull the herds of Elk, instead of making a one time exception and allowing hunting. Idiots.

8. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Sorry Mitch, but I care. I don't want to see anyone hurt unnecessarily and I have some friends in CA.

9. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

Mitch I don't see the humor in this thread,it should have been put in the Powder Keg.:hitwithrock::no:

10. a** wipes !!! Now that was funny CalifgirlOk. ROFL !!! My first giggles to start my day !
    Thank You LOL !

11. Merlin45

Merlin45 G&G Enthusiast

Hey lady!....Sounds like Scotty and me need to make a trip to CA. Show 'em how we do it in OK. hahahaha. Tell Scotty I said hi, and we thinkin 'bout a trip to Jay, soon:AR15firing:

12. tbonecpk

tbonecpk Guest

hmmm looks like I get to be the first one to post from cali!!! woohoo anyway my thoughts are these PLZ LET ME GO COYOTE HUNTIN!!!! GOT A PACK IN THE CANYON BEHIND MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT GIVE A RATS IF ITS WITHIN CITY LIMITS!!!!!! I actually do have that itch to go huntin right now. And besides need to score a couple with the garand

13. I agree with windwalker that I care and I'd hate to see anyone hurt and I have a brother in Ca..

Another point I'd make, many animals, and not only those in Ca. are having and getting less and less areas to roam and live as mankind is not leaving them much and I'm sure food gets hard to come by. I didn't hear about it or read anything. Are these attacks from people going into the woods/mountains and from hiking or are these animals coming down out of the woods/mountains and doing this?

I don;t find it very funny either to be honest. It's isn't the people in California's fault they have politicians that have passed the laws they have. Other then their fault for voting them into office.

I mean I can't believe many put up with it and some are as passive about it as they are? I'd have to get the hell out of there. I feel the same way about Illinois and the direction it's heading and plan on it. I can only hope and pray the world doesn't get so bad I can't and they don't pass some ban or don't try to take them from us in general before i/we get the chance to get the hell out of here. lol

14. tbonecpk

tbonecpk Guest

Glock it's been mostly REALY young kids like todlers getting attacked in playgrounds. The Coyote problem is also do to the fact they have adapted to live INSIDE the city at least here in San Diego where there is a fair amount of open areas and canyons they can live in.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  15. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

5-10-2008 There was a video on yahoo news this morning about a couple of young toddlers being attacked by coyotes in towns and city parks in California.

Please move this thread to the powder keg forum.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  16. Having Mitch on ignore, I fortunately couldn't read his original post. But I get the drift anyway from reading the responses. He's probably talking about the little girl who was attacked in Lake Arrowhead, and I'm not surprised he'd think it's funny.

Coyote attacks in CAlifornia aren't anything new; they were happening fifty years ago, when I was a kid. Coyotes are smart, tough and adaptable, and they live among us instead of being driven to extinction.

California isn't the only place it's happened. Attacks have even been reported in New York State, where there have been coyotes since the 1920's.

17. sell33

sell33 G&G Enthusiast

Well, I would say that i do care if they get eaten also, but at the same time I do think that the Cali laws are a bit ridiculous. I am sure there are ways to hunt coyotes and mt lions in cali, people just need to get out and do it! also some sort of animal control center should try harder to remove them from large urban areas.

18. Momoney567

Momoney567 Guest

Nothing some buck shot to the eyes won't fix.